Chapter 5 I found it

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                        Alia POV

  Seeing the doorknob twist I duck down behind the desk, silently cursing myself for taking so long to find those papers.

I slightly jump at The lights in the room being turned on.

"Come out from where ever you are Alia, you know we can smell you in here right?" I hear a male voice, knowing that voice belongs to my guard Max. I stay behind the desk hoping they would just leave, but I know they aren't.

When I thought things couldn't get any worst my phone started to ring. If they were bluffing about knowing that I'm in here, now they know for sure I'm in here. I look at the phone to see who's the idiot calling. I see BJ's name on the screen. He picked a fine time to return my call.

I stand up from behind the desk looking at Mac and Lester.

"Your father warned us about how you like to sneaking out through the window." I just stand there opening and closing my mouth not knowing what to say.

"From the looks of things you're doing something you don't suppose to be doing, and I'm sure your father safe doesn't suppose to be open. So how about you tell us what's going on here, or well need to go and tell your father that we caught you in his office inside of his safe." Lester folds his arms across his chest waiting for me to answer.

There is no way I can tell them what I'm up to. "Ummm" I stand here trying my best to think of a lie. I have never been good at lying on the spot.

"Well, I guess we'll just let your father deal with all of this himself." Lester turns to leave the office.

I let out a sigh. "Fine, I'll tell you just not here, we need to get out of here before someone else sees us." I have no other choice, either I tell them or they tell my father. I put the rest of the papers back into the folder and place it back into the safe the way I found it.

I walk into my room with them right behind me, closing the door behind us. I turn around to see them standing there waiting for me to explain.

"Umm." I look at them, knowing there's a good chance that they are going to go to my father after hearing why I was in his office.

"I know I'm not in any position to be giving you guys orders, but can you please not tell anyone." I plead with them.

"It depends," Lester says.

I let out a small sigh, looking at them as they wait for me to start explaining.

"I snuck into my father's office to get the location of where the Lycan king is locked away." They both look at me for a moment, then Max starts to laugh a little.

"Really? That's the lie you decide to go with?" He continues to laugh, causing me to frown. His laughter slowly dies down seeing the frown on my face, realizing I'm serious.

He frowns over at me. "I know you don't expect us to believe something like that Alia. We all know the lycan king is only a story people made up." Max stands up straight looking at me like he's waiting for me to tell them why I was really in my father office.

"He's not fake, the stories about him are real." I guess I should have expected them to not believe me.

"She's right" I hear Lester say, causing me to frown with hearing him say I'm right.

"If you two are trying to play a joke on me, then you're doing a bad job at it." Max looks at Lester and me.

"It's not a joke, I've actually seen him once when I was a little pup," Lester says, looking over at max.