Chapter 26

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

BJ POV

My head quickly snaps towards the entrance of the cell when I hear Alia's voice.

"Shit!...Alia." I leave out the cell, heading to her.

Making my way through the prison, I see her standing at the prison door. Once she sees me she smiles and starts to walk towards me.

"A-Alia" Her mother calls her name as she continues to cry over the loss of her mate. Alia frown, seeing her mother locked inside the cells.

"Mom!" Alia quickly makes her way over to the cell. She reaches out touching the silver bar but quickly pulls her hands away.

I let out a sigh, making my way to her. I didn't want her to find out like this. I wanted to explain things to her when the time was right, but I don't know if there's ever a good time to tell someone that their father is dead and the rest of their family is locked away.

"Can we go somewhere else and talk." I don't know where to start. My father killed her father and most likely is going to kill her mother and brother too. I can't do anything about it, I can't take him on to free them, he's far too strong for me.

"I don't want to talk BJ! I want you to get them out of there!" I look over at her mother, knowing I can't let them out. It's not me who's holding them.

"BJ get them out of there!" Alia says glaring at me.

I hear a deep growl ring out from behind me, causing Alia to step closer to me. I look back to see father, glaring at Alia.

"BJ control your mate before I do it for you!" He glares at me then back over at Alia.

I let out a deep growl. "Don't threaten her!" I glare at him, bringing Alia closer to me. I can smell the fear rolling off of her.

"Get her out of here now!" He turns around and heads back towards the torture cell.

I glare at his back as he walks off.

I leave out the prison with Alia, going into the castle. She walks ahead of me, heading to the room. I know that she's pissed right now, I'm sure at me because I didn't tell her that her family was locked away.

"BJ go get my mother and brother out of there, they had nothing to do with whatever my father did!" She glares over at me as I walk into the room and close the door behind me.

"I can't, my father isn't going to just let them leave." Father wants to make the alphas pay and if Alia wasn't my mate she'll be in a cell right along with the rest of them.

"I'm getting them out of there with or without your help!" She says. I can't let her do that. Father will probably lock her away for trying to help them escape.

"Then what? Where will they go? He'll only track them down and probably kill them on sight for trying to escape." There's no getting away from him. There's no covering your scent to throw him off the way you can do with wolves. He will track them down. He will find them no matter where they go.

I let out a sigh, knowing things are only going to get worst once I start to explain things to her.

"Can you have a seat Alia?" I reach out to touch her, but she steps away from me.

"BJ look at your hands." She says frowning.

I look down to see blood on my hands from punching the alpha.

"What were you doing in there?" She asks looking at my hand, before glaring back up at me.

I make my way over to the bed, taking a seat. I let out a small sigh.

"I was making the alphas pay for what they did to my mother." I frown as I continue to look at my bloody knuckles. I'll be lying if I say I wasn't enjoying the pain I was causing that alpha.

"What are you talking about?" She asks.

Anger starts to fill me, as I recall the things my mother told Lisa and I. I ball my fist, feeling my slightly elongated nails sink into the palm of my hands, drawing blood.

"The alphas and the alpha king didn't only lock my father away. They also attacked my mother that day. She died, but my aunt Sarah brought her back." I take in a calming breath. All I want to do right now is go back to the prison and rip every last one of their throats out.

"What will happen to my father now?" Her words come out low.

I might as well just tell her everything right now and get it out the way, while she's already mad and hurt. I see no point in hurting her all over again once she calms down.

"Your father is dead, my father killed him," I say looking over at her.

Her eyes go wide, taking in what I just said. Her eyes start to fill with tears as she shakes her head a little, not wanting to believe my words. But she knows they are the truth. Sobs start to break from her mouth and she falls to her knees crying.

I walk over to her and take a seat on the floor, pulling her onto my lap holding her against my chest as she cries, letting out all her pain.

"It's my f-fault, i-it's all my fault!" She says in between sobs, gripping my shirt.

"It's not your fault, none of it is." I hold her tighter, slowly rock her. All I want is to make her pain go away, but I know I can't.

She may have helped free my father, but her father brought that onto himself. None of this is her fault. She doesn't deserve the pain she's feeling right now, but my mother didn't deserve what her father and the others did to her, all because they hate that they are below my father.

Now their egos will be the death of them.

She cries in my arms, blaming herself for things she had no control over. We stay like this for hours, until she cries herself to sleep. I lift her up and take her over to the bed, pulling the covers over her.

I reach out and move her hair out her face tucking it behind her ear. She takes in a slow deep breath, when the tips of my fingers make contact with her skin, sending them familiar tingles up my fingers. I lean down and place a kiss on her forehead, before leaving out the room.

I make my way through the halls of the castle, following my father's scent. I need to get him to let Alia family go. I know deep down Alia knows that her father brought what happened to him onto himself, but her mother and brother had nothing to do with what he did. If father kills them that will destroy Alia.

I look down at my shirt, seeing that it's now wet from Alia's tears. I can't let him put her through that pain. I can't let him destroy the person I love.

I follow father scent through the castle, leading me to an office where I find him, uncle Fred and uncle Tim. I listen as father speak with someone on the phone about the alpha king.

"Let my mate family out the prison. They had nothing to do with what her father and the others did." I tell him once he hangs the phone up. I glare at him, still pissed about the things he said about my mother.

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow