Chapter 29

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                    Tammy POV

After taking a quick shower I turn the shower off and step out. I grab the towel and start to dry off, before wrapping the towel around me, leaving out the bathroom. I walk into the closet and grab some clothes, getting dressed.

I look over as Andy walking into the room. "I'm about to head into the city to do some shopping for Adam's birthday tomorrow," I tell him, putting my wet hair into a messy bun.

"Don't he have enough presents already?" Andy ask.

"I want to get him a few more, plus I have to get the cake mix so I can bake his cake." I walk over to the dresser and open the drawer, taking out one of my six-inch silver blades. I never go anywhere without a blade. Fred and Andy taught me to always be prepared for anything. I grab my jacket and put it on, then put the blades inside.

"Lisa, Khloe, and BJ spoil him enough, now you're adding on." Andy shakes his head a little, walking over to the bedside table grabbing his car keys.

"He only turns eleven once. Soon he'll be all grown up. My baby is already talking about leaving us to join BJ's pack when he gets his wolf." The other day Adam ask me if he could move in with BJ when he gets his wolf. I told him that we would see about it when the time comes, but on the inside, I was screaming no. I don't think I'll be ready to let my baby leave me when the time comes. It took me a long time to let BJ and Lisa move out, but I knew that I had to let them leave and find their own path.

Andy and I leave the castle, heading into the city. I feel relieved, leaving the castle. As we get further away from the castle, I can feel the distance easing the pull of the mate bond.

I been having mixed emotions since I been at the castle. I feel hatred towards Blake when I think about the things he said about me, but I had a few moments where the pull makes me want to be close to him, even though I don't want to be anywhere near him.

I'm just ready to leave so I never have to see his face again. Things will go back to the way they were before, maybe things will be even better now that we won't have to worry about the alpha king finding out I'm still alive. I always had to be careful to not let the wolves see me when I went out in public, but now I won't have to worry about that.

"Are you okay?" Andy asks looking over at me, as he drives.

"Yeah I'm fine." I give him a smile. "Just ready for this to be over with that's all," I tell him.

"I talked to BJ earlier this morning and he said we'll be able to leave soon," Andy tells me.

"Good," I tell him, happy to hear that.

"Is the pull of the mate bond getting stronger?" Andy asks looking back over at the road.

I let out a sigh. "Yeah, I haven't been getting much sleep with the mate bond pulling at my insides every minute of the day." When we first arrived at the castle I could barely feel the pull of the mate bond, but it's getting stronger as the days pass.

Andy let out a sigh. "It's very rare for someone to not accept the bond. The pull will only continue to grow stronger."

"Well I guess I'll be apart of that rare group who chooses not to accept the bond." I lean over and place a kiss on his cheek, giving him a reassuring smile.

I don't care how strong the mate pull gets, I still want no dealing with Blake. Blake is an asshole who doesn't know how to take responsibility, so he blames others for things that he doesn't want to take the blame for.