Chapter 11

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                       BJ POV

After picking Alia up from the wolf gathering and spending a couple of hours with her, I take her back to her pack.

I don't want to leave her here, but I have to let her go for now, but things are about to change real soon. Once she goes inside I start to pull out the driveway of their packhouse, but I'm stopped by her father stepping out in front of the car.

"Do you have a second BJ?" He walks around stopping next to the car.

"Yeah." I turn the car off and step out facing him.

"Alia told me you don't want to join the pack. Seeing that you're a human you may not understand how things work with wolves, but you're her mate and she needs you." He folds his arms across his chest, pushing his chest out trying to intimidate me.

"It's not that I don't want to join, I just like my privacy and staying in a packhouse with her that's open to nearly six hundred wolves whenever they choose to come in is not much privacy. But she knows she's welcome to move into my place with my sister and me whenever she likes." I look him into his eyes holding his gaze, standing just as tall as him.

"I'm afraid that's not going to happen. She's my daughter and I'm not letting her run off with someone who can't give her the protection she needs. There are plenty of free houses here on our land that you two can live in." I see his jaws clench down not liking the way I'm holding his gaze.

"With all due respect she's not a kid, she can make her own decisions." I continue to hold eye contact with him. If he thinks just because he's an alpha he can intimidate me, then he's sadly mistaken.

I hear a low growl come from him. "You might want to lower your eyes boy. Human or not I don't tolerate disrespect from no one." He steps closer to where our chest is almost touching.

My beast pushes forward and I hold back a growl. After holding eye contact with him a couple of seconds longer, I look away before he tries something that won't end well for him. I will let his alpha ego have this win.

Hearing a text message come to my phone, I take my phone out of my pocket, looking at the screen.

"I have to go, I have somewhere to be." I turn my back on him getting into my car.

"You're my daughter's mate we don't need any bad blood between us. Just think about joining the pack, things will be much easier for the two of you." He says.

I give him a nod, just to keep down any problems.

I pull off gripping the steering wheel tight trying to control myself. My nature drives me to be at the top, but all my life I've had to fight my nature and let everyone think I'm some weak human. I can feel my beast trying to take control to go back and rip his fucking head off.

I frown down at My phone as it starts to ring, seeing that it's my sister calling.

"Hello," I answer putting the phone on speaker.

"Have you taken Alia back to her pack already, I wanted to hang out with her for a bit to catch up," Lisa says.

"Yeah, I just dropped her off. You know how her father gets when she's gone for too long, but things are going to change soon." He may be Alia's father, but she's my mate and soon I'll be done letting him control when she leaves their pack.