Chapter 39

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

A/N: This chapter is Lisa. This will be her only chapter in this book..... Enjoy

Lisa POV

As everyone gets ready for bed, I lay here thinking about Lucious. Suddenly I love the sound of that name. Thoughts of him have been the only thing filling my mind since that day we went to that pack. I haven't seen him since father locked him away.

BJ and I haven't been talking. I know what Lucious did was wrong, but BJ should at least consider that he's my mate. But he's not thinking about anything but killing Lucious.

I never totally understood the pull of the mate bond, but now that I have felt it I see what they mean. The bond has been pulling at me none stop. I can't get him out of my head. Those eyes I just want to stare into and get lost. He seems so perfect, but I know he's not this perfectly innocent person that I want to believe he is.

Laying here unable to sleep, I look over at the clock to see that it's 12:15 am. I let out a sigh and sit up. I need to see him. He never gave me a reason to think that he didn't want me, but he never really gave me a reason telling me he does. All I got for him was unreadable looks.

I leave my room and quietly make my way through the castle. There's no one out. Everyone should be sleeping. I leave out the castle, heading over to the prison. I stop at the door and take in a deep breath, trying to push the nervousness away.

I unlock the prison door pushing it open. I quietly close it behind me, before making my way down to his cell. Everyone in here seems to be asleep also. Once I get to his cell I see him laying on the small bonk with his back facing me.

"L-Lucious." I say his name for the first time out loud. He slowly turns around, his eyes locking with mines. Suddenly my mind goes blank and I forgot what I was going to say. I just stand here staring into his eyes as he stares back into mine.

A smirk appears on his face as he stands to his feet, making his way over to me. "To what do I owe the pleasure beautiful?" He leans forward resting his arms on the bars, staring at me. I look down at my feet as my cheeks heat up. I wrap my arms around my waist, feeling so venerable underneath his gaze. Well, I guess I got my answer to if he wants me or not.

"Why did you do that to my brother's mate?" I look back up at him. My words coming out low. I don't want to believe that he's this bad guy that BJ is making him out to be.

"Needed to show him who's in charge, I could've killed her but I didn't." He says smirking as if he doesn't care.

"You shouldn't have done that." BJ is locked on killing him and there may be no changing his mind. The only reason he hasn't come in here yet is because of the command father placed on him. I don't know exactly what he did to Alia, but it must have been bad. I never saw BJ so upset.

"I've done many things that I shouldn't have done." He shrugs. I admire his bravery, but he's only making things worst. Maybe if he shows a bit of remorse then BJ may reconsider trying to kill him. But every chance he gets he taunts BJ. "Can you apologize for what you have done?" I know that wouldn't make things any better, but it's a start.

"There's no point in doing such a thing.." He looks away for a second, before looking back at me. "You truly are the definition of beautiful, but I doubt if we could be together." Hearing those words come from his mouth cause a aching pain in my chest.

"W-why do you say that?" I step closer to the silver bar. I can see that he wants me, so why would he say that? "If it's BJ that you're worried about, you don't have to worry about him." I know BJ is angry now, but I'm sure he will come around. Hey may not ever be friends with Lucious, but eventually, he will accept that he's my mate.