Living on a prayer

Bee

Colby helped me out of the car.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Colby? I'm perfectly fine you know..." I say with an awkward chuckle at the end.

We both walk into the- I mean our, house, hand in hand.

"So babe..." Colby began.

"Yes?" I ask with a smirk on my lips.

"So... sam and Katie..." he stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"What is it Colby?"

"Well, Katie hasn't paid rent on hers and Sam's apartment... so their landlord kicked them out."

My eyes widen.

"Oh no!" I say.

I did feel bad... I did. But I just can't push the anger and annoyance I have towards Katie away... and I know it was a stupid dream.. I just can't.

I put my key in the handle and unlock the door.

Reveling cardboard boxes piled all over the living room and Sam and Katie emptying them.

I kinda just stood their with a confused/angry/ awkward look on my face.

I froze...

"Bee..." Colby says and clears his throat.

I close my eyes.

"Hey guys!" I walk over to them to get some sort of idea as to what the hell they are doing unpacking in our house.

"Thank you so much bee... if it weren't for you two we would have been on the street!" Katie began as she dramatically walks over and rubs my arm weirdly.

Okay... how did I used to enjoy her being present?

"Staying here? Like for how long?" I ask gulping... I was literally trying so hard not to freak out on everyone.

"I mean until you and Colby plan on moving to LA. I mean.. isn't this just squad goals!?" Katie dramatically threw her hands all over the place as she spoke.

It really bugged me how fake she was acting lately.

"Bee can I talk to you up in our room?" Colby says with a fake smile.

I follow him up the stairs... completely livid.

As soon as he closed the door I threw my hands up in the air.

"Bee... I'm so sorry but Sam is my best friend... and Katie is yours!" He says.

"No she is not." As soon as the words fell out if my mouth I realized it was harsh.

"Is this becouse of your dream? Bee, I would never cheat on you, especially with Katie, fuck. no!" He tells me as I start to calm down.

"They can stay." I say nodding my head.

"Thank you!" He says closing his eyes.

"But I'm not losing my virginity while they are sleeping down the fucking hall. So I guess you will have to wait till they leave."

I realize I was being unfair in this moment... but it just creeps me out, okay?

"Bee. I'll figure something out. I promise... but it's still technically our honeymoon... I'm so tired of waiting..." he says as he pulls me close and kisses me roughly.

I pull away.

"If anything is gonna happen... we are going to need a lock... better yet, why don't they sleep in the downstairs guest room?"

"I'll tell them to bring their stuff in there, right away." He says with the biggest smile on his face.

"Love you!" He says before walking out of the room.

I throw myself onto the bed and try to convince myself that it can't be that bad.

And when that didn't work, I called Jake to rant.
×××