Chapter 1

(Sierra POV)

Well I guess I'll start off by saying hi. My name is Sierra Jackson I'm 12 years old and uh... You know.. My life sucks. I don't really have any friends to talk too so most of the time I'm either reading, cleaning or listening to the Braxton's sisters songs. I love them so much, they usually get me through the day. They are so funny and I always look forward to Thursday nights when their show comes on. I hear they are doing a concert here which is pretty surprising because I live in the most boring state..Arkansas. I really wish I can go but I know my parents won't give me money to buy a ticket. Speaking of parents, my mom names is Sydney and my dads name is Shawn. Yep the S's run in the family. Anyways, my parents are both alcoholics and druggies. They both have been locked up for DUI but somehow still manage to escape. Hm.

"Sierra!!" My mom yells. Ugh here we go again. I get up from my bed and into the living room, it smells like straight smoke. "Yes mom" I said as I stare at my mother with a cigarette in one hand and a bottle of beer in another. "Go to the store and get me some more beer" she said sounding sluggish. "But mom I'm 12 I'm not allowed to get-" "HEY!!" She yells spitting on me. I wipe the spit off my face. "Just do what I say!" She yells again walking away. I start walking to her. "Um m-mom" I stuttered. I get really scared when she acts like this. "Mom" I said again a little louder but she still ignores me.

"MOM!!" I yell then gasp once she turns around with a mean evil look on her face. "WHAT DO YOU WANT I SAID GO TO THE STORE TO GET ME SOME BEER" She screams and I flinch. "But mom I-I need" I start "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED" she cuts me off. "I need the money mom" I say as my eyes start to tear up. She stares at me for a second. "Aww baby I'm so sorry" she says as she come in for a hug and I flinch even more. She always does this. She screams at me and then she apologizes. Yeah. This is my life.

My mom then let's me go and goes to her thing she calls a "purse" but it's actually a cut up pillow case with strings tied to it. She gives me the money and I head out. Now I don't know how I'm gonna get beer for her when I'm under aged. I walk down the street thinking of ideas. I finally got an idea and started walking faster to the store.

I can't believe I'm going to do this.
What am I thinking?
No I can't do this. I'm not going to do this.
Ugh you have to do this or mom is gonna kill you.

So many thoughts ran through my head as I walked to the store with this bad idea in my head. A couple of more minutes walking I made it into the store. I walked in and tried to hide my face as best as I could. I walked to the back of the store where the beers were. I looked around to make sure no one was looking. I glanced at the door and back at the beer freezer continuously trying to decide if I really should do this. I opened the freezer and grabbed a case of beer out. I closed it back then looked around one more time to make sure the coast was clear.

Okay Sierra do it for mom.
1... 2...3 GO

I ran as fast as I could to the exit and I managed to get out quickly before someone would grab me. I kept on running and running not looking behind me but I knew I was being followed.

"Hey come back here"  I heard the man yell but I kept running and eventually he stopped chasing me. I got home ran through the door out of breath. I dropped the beer and put my hands on my knees and tried to catch my breath. I can't believe i did this. I'm a criminal.

My mom walked up to me "why you breathing like that" she asked with a attitude. "Um I..um was being chased by um... A bee" I lied. "A bee huh?" She asked looking curious. "Yup a bee" I said feeling more confident. She stared... "Ok well where's my beer" she asked and I pointed to the ground where I had dropped it. Some of them got bent up.

"Are you crazy!?! Don't drop my beer on the ground this here is worth more then your life!" She spat and I couldn't help but feel hurt. "Now go clean something your fathers gonna be home soon and I don't want him complaining" she said then walked off. I walked slowly to the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror.

Who am I? I'm just this trapped girl with no where to go. No one to love. No one here to be loved by. This girl I'm looking at now isn't the real me. I don't know who the real me is. I'll never know because... Like I said... I'm trapped.

Authors note!!
Hi everyone!! So this is a new book that I'm writing. Tell me how you like it so far. I have a lot of ideas. ☺️ okay byeee 💕