Chapter 16

(Tamar's POV)

"What, what accident baby?" I asked Sierra who has now buried her face in her hands. She wiped her face. "Nothing I-I shouldn't have said anything" she said. "Sierra what accident are you talking about" I said alittle more stricter. Her eyes got watery and she began to cry again.

"I'm sorry don't be mad" she cried. "Mad for what Sierra I'm not mad I just wanna know what's wrong" I said rubbing her back. She sat up and wiped her face once again.

"I was 4" she started but stopped.

"It's okay keep going" I said.

Flashback (Sierra POV)

I sat in my room watching Clifford, mommy and daddy are going out tonight for their Anniversary so I'm staying with my big sister Sophie.

"Sophie where is mommy and daddy going?" I asked Sophie who was on her phone. Sophie is always on her phone, but I guess that's what teenagers do.

"I think they are going out to eat to a nice restaurant" she said.

I went back to watching Clifford, Sophie and I both eventually fell asleep. Couple of hours later we were awakened by a crash.

"Sophie what was that" I asked scared. "Im not sure, I'll go check it out stay here okay?" She said and I nodded my head. Sophie left and I sat in bed really scared and breathing hard.

A few minutes later there was a shadow standing by my door. "Sophie?" I called out. The shadow came closer and closer. I slowly hid under my covers but the shadow pulled it off of me. I screamed and screamed.

"Sierra it's me calm down!!" I heard my mom say. "M-Mommy? What are you doing. What's happening? Where's Sophie" I asked.

"Shhh it's okay baby just go back to sleep Sophie's fine"my mom said acting loopy and I laid back down. When my mom left the room I waited for about 10 minutes then I decided to see where Sophie was.

I quietly snuck out of my room and went towards my parents room. To go to my parents room you have to pass the living room. I seen my mom dead asleep on the living room couch and glass bottles broken everywhere. I continued making my way to there room when I heard a faint scream.

"Daddy stop please it hurts" I heard Sophie yell. What hurts? What is he doing?

I walked inside the room and went towards the bathroom. I peaked and seen my daddy and Sophie in the bathtub together. Okay.. Maybe he's giving her a bath. But why is she screaming.

I seen daddy get on top of Sophie and push her head under the water.

"Dad!!" I heard Sophie say. My heart was beating fast and I was loosing my breath. I didn't know what was going on.

"Daddy?" I said and he hopped up like he had just seen a ghost.

"Sierra! Get your ass back in the room! NOW!" He yelled and I ran to the living room.

"Mommy!! Daddy is hurting Sierra" I yelled to my mom who got up and was walking unsteady.

She walked in the bathroom and seen that Sophie's body was still under water.

"Wait Shawn what did you do!?! What are you doing?" My mom said still out of this world and drunk.

"Shut up Sydney!" He yelled. I stayed far back so he wouldn't see me.

"Shawn you fuckin killed our daughter!!" My mom yelled.

Killed? What? Sophie's dead?

"Sydney calm down" my dad said. "I'm not gonna calm down! I'm calling the cops!" My mom tried to run to the phone but got knocked out by my dad who had hit her with a baseball bat.

I ran to my room as fast as I could. I cried and cried. I didn't know what to do. My sister is dead and mommy is hurt.

I seen my door opened and my heart stopped. My dad came closer to me.

"Sierra?" My dad said. I acted like I didn't know anything.

"Yes daddy" I said. "Daddy did a very bad thing okay? And he's sorry" he explained. "What did you do daddy?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it okay? Just know that Sophie is going to go on a little vacation" he said. "When is she coming back?" I asked but he got up and ignored me.

"daddy!!" I yelled. "Shhhhh. You will never speak of this again" he said closing my door.

End of flashback
(Tamar's POV)

Sierra finished her story in tears and I was so shocked. I never knew she had a sister.

"I'm so sorry baby" I said hugging her. For a child to go through this at such a young age is terrifying.

"And ever since then, m-mom acted different. She t-treated me different, I had to act like I remembered nothing when I r-remember everything." She cried. I can't believe such a thing like this could happen.

"That is horrible. I'm so sorry Sierra. But guess what, their in prison now they can never hurt you again okay baby?" I said and she cried. "I just miss Sophie so much" she sobbed and I couldn't help but get emotional. "I should of went with her. It's my fault" she cried.

"Sierra it is not your fault. There was nothing you could have done baby. It's okay. You're gonna be okay. I promise you. I promise you are gonna have an amazing life." I said. "Calm down. It's okay" I said rubbing her back.

Within a few minutes Sierra calmed down. "Are you okay now?" I asked and she nodded her head yes. Her eyes were bloody red and her forehead was as hot as an oven.

"My head hurts" she said quietly. "Let's go take some medicine then you should get some sleep" I said. We got up hand in hand and went to the kitchen to get medicine. Once I gave Sierra the medicine, I got us some blankets and we sat in the living room and watched tv until she fell asleep.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna make sure it is the best day Sierra has ever had.