Verse 8

You wake up before Nate does and decide to play the guitar. You're just quietly playing the guitar when Nate almost screams.

"No!" He bolts upright and looks around before sighing and rubbing his head.

"Hey, you good?" You put a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, just a dream." He groans and falls back onto the floor.

"I get that. I've sometimes had dreams that were so freaky that they gave me nightmares!" You chuckle. He lets out a light laugh.

"You ever lost someone important to you?" He looks at you.

"Yeah/No." you reply.

"Oh, well, I knew somebody. My best friend. She got hit by a car. I'm just, really nervous about attachments because I don't want my friends to get hurt like she did. You're really cool. I don't wanna lose you too." He sighs. You roll your eyes and fall back onto the floor like him.

"Damn. I thought it'd take longer than one day. Good Lord." You run your fingers through your hair.

"What is it?" He looks at you.

"I won't say it now. I'm gonna wait." You sigh. He sits up.

"Y/N, what is it?" He says.

"Now that I know  what happened to your friend, I-I, shouldn't. I won't. Trust me, I'm doing you a favour." You groan.

"Y/N, you can tell me anything." He says, his voice growing stern.

"No I can't!" You say, raising your voice.

"I'm not gonna let you get hurt. Not by me." You cover your face with your hands.

"What is it?" He asks softly.

"I-I," you take a deep breath.

"I think I might be slightly in love with you." You rub your forehead as your cheeks flush a deep pink and you're left in the silence.