Chapter 30 - The Truth

"Kasumi....... i was wrong.."

"You were...... wrong ?"

He lets out a faint sigh...

"Since we were a child i impose a lot of things to you , never really hearing what really want ..."

"I...i selfishly determined your life according to my own expectations i even force you to marry unto Kuwakira's bloodline just to cover my own weakness..."

"...?!.." Kasumi was taken aback...

"I'm sure it was hard on you....and for that i sincerely apologize..." he stood up and lower his head for her daughter for the very first time....

"Huh ?!" 

she opens her wide as if she can't believe what she's hearing and seeing infront of her...her proud father who never bows his head to no one is now lowering his head and apologizing to her daughter...

He continues to speak...

" I was really proud of you when you first stand up to me , leaving the house and living in the Famille' made you grow , when you stepped out , i then decided that i wanted you to live your life according to how you wanted to.."

"When i heard the news you failed the exam , i thought it would a good opportunity for you , i told you to quit studying medicine , not because i was angry you failed but because i wanted you to fallow . whichever you desire..."

( I knew it , he's a really kind and caring person , perhaps a little clumsy but there was love behind everything...that sort of clumsiness mixed with kindness really reminds me of Kasumi..) 

"So ...i can study to become a doctor and you'll support me ?" 

"Of course , if that's what you truly desire.."

"And i can comeback home ?"

"Certainly.."

*Squeeze*

Kasumi squeezes his hand so hard it probably would leave a mark but he squeezes back to let her know his here for her...

Her eyes welling up with tears as she prepare herself for one more question...

"But what about , when you blame me for my mom's death !" she slightly rise her voice...

Her dad flinch as if it he was strike by an emotional blow , his legs weaken and fall down to his knees...he muttered..

"I-i'm sorry...."

"Pa '!? "

 Kasumi  rushed over to her dad and taking that as a cue Minamino stepped out of the room...for he knew they have a lot of personal things to talk about , a privacy between father and daughter would be greatly appreciated that what was running through his mind...

Standing outside the quest room is their head maid Mariko..

"Thank you Young Master , for giving them the closure they both need..."

"Uh...huh ? ah' no , i..no need to thank me i didn't do anything at all..." he smiles wryly..

"Ever since the Mistresses death they'd been distant this is the first time they actually had time to talk to each other , and that is thanks to you ..."

"Uh..um...don't mention it ?"  

After a few hours Minamino's wondering around outside the mansion when he ended up in the garden...

(Wow this is really a well maintained garden  , and this is a extremely big garden...i knew Kasumi is some kind of a princess from the start..) he jokes while wandering ..

Then...

"Mina !! " he saw Kasumi running towards him , eyes seemingly flushed and cheeks blushing..

"Why did you left the room without saying anything ?" she pouted..

"Well...i , i just thought you need to talk privately..." he smiled..

"So ...um..everything's okay now ?"

"Yeah..." she said that with a bright smile on her face..

"And it's all thanks to you , young man ..." 

walking towards them is Mr. Jubei Miyoka , Kasumi's dad..

"Oh no , sir ,...i  didn't do anything i just came here with Kasumi to support her..." he exclaims..

"Then you did a lot , for doing nothing ..."

"And to be honest i had no idea you had it in you to give it another try.." he said while rubbing her daughters head..

Kasumi moves away his dad's arm , pouts as she try to fix her hair and starts to blush..

"The truth is , i had given up..But there was someone who wouldn't give up on me.."

(It's because of Yomiko's support and the people of the Famille'..)

"It's because of Mina that i'm here..."

(Huh ?!)

"He;s supported me thought it all .."

 "Kasumi...." those enchanting eyes stare straight at me and make my heart skip a beat...hearing her say those words about me makes me feel really happy...

"I see...." 

Then , with gently eyes, her father looks to me..

"Thank you for helping Kasumi..."

"No need to thank me , Sir.." he smiles awkwardly.

"Please continue supporting her and take care of her for me will you..." he smiled softly

"Of course sir !" he proudly said..

He then turns to her daughter with a smile...

"And you too , be good to Minamino.."

"Okay ." they both smiled at each other..

"So is he the reason you don't want to marry into the Kuwakira's bloodline ?"

"PAPA' !" her eyes widen and she starts to really blush..

Their hearts were separated from each other for so long  ..

(But..) I have a feeling this clumsy but kind father and daughter will soon become one happy family again...