Chapter 36 - Expectations and Anxiety

...it's the middle of the night after the party...

"Ah...i think i drank to much , i'm really sleepy but i really need to go to the toilet..."

(...Hm ?)

The light is still on in the living room...

(Come to think of it , why didn't i check this out sooner..) he went to the toilet first then head towards the living room..

*Click*

".....huh ?!.."

"K-Kasumi ?"

Kasumi is sitting by herself on the sofa..

"W-what's wrong Kasumi ?, Can't you sleep ?" as he sat across her..

"Ah...yeah , what about you ?"

"I was trying too , but my bladder won't let me..."

"......i-i see..."

(She seems to be thinking something...)

"W-what wrong Kasumi ?"

She seems to be having fun during the party , but now...somehow she looks anxious..

 I decide to sit next to her , tilting my head to the side..

"...W-what is it , are you trying to look cute or something..." she pouts...

"Um...well is it working ?"

"......No...." she looks away blushing

"...did something happen ?"

Kasumi hesitates but then ....

"....Uhm..."

"I'm really happy that i got into this med school..but..."

"...Honestly ...i'm really worried about things from now on.."

"Worried ? , abou what ?" he asked..

".....well a lot of things are changing and i wonder if i can cope with everything... Also..."

Kasumi glances at me..

"...Also ..when i get really busy at my new college...the time that i can spend with you Mina , will also be reduced."

"R-right.."  she must have noticed my sudden sullen expression

"Ah! B-but..." Kasumi retorts and smiles at me hurriedly..

"I'm really glad that i got into this college ! Being supported by everyone makes me really happy..and of course specially by your support.." she slightly turns red.

".......however....i wonder why..why am i so anxious about everything..?" she added

Kasumi looks troubled.

it looks like she put on a facade just for everyone and prevent them for worrying for her..

".....i wonder what will happen from now on ?" 

I look at Kasumi's anxious face and speak without thinking..

"it'll be fine , Kasumi , it's understandable you're anxious but a lot of things , you've been to quite a lot of troubles to be here , and now that your finally moving ahead to reach your dream it's just normal be worried , nervous and anxious about all these..."

I held out her hand without thinking..

"H-huh !?"

"...but remember that this is your dream Kasumi , and we are all here to support you , am i here to be with you all the way .." i smile brightly at her hoping that'll cheer her up..

"Of course our time together maybe reduced , but...it'll be fine.."

"I mean we live in the same house , after all..."

"......Y-yeah , you're right..."

"And if you want , i'll go there everyday , we could go home together like we always do .."

"H-huh ? but , my college is really far away ?! , y-you'll do that ?" she said surprisingly..

"Yes of course, without second thought.."

"So , you don't have to worry about everything , You'll be fine !" he added.

"I might not be much help, but i'll do my best to be your strength..!"

And then....

"Mina...."

"Hmn ? Whoa !"

Kasumi's face turn red while she moves close to me...she embrace my and buried her face in my chest..

"Thank you , Mina..."

"I feel so much better now , thank you for cheering me up.."

"Well...uh it's my pleasure..." flustered and worried she can hear my crazy beating heart ..

Then she looks at me strangely..

"What's wrong ?"

"Well..uh um , it's just rare for you to hug me ,..."

"i-it's fine , isn't it ? nobody is watching us , and it's fine as long as i'm the one who's doing it.."

".....So ...i can't hug you , but you can hug me ? , seems oddly unfair..." he smiled wryly..

" Yes , unfair it may be that's how it is , i mean if i let you hugged me ever so casually you'd hug me at every opportunity you have , and hugging in front of other people is embarrassing .."

Kasumi looks up to me with blushing...her expression is so cute i can't help but smile..

"You're so self conscious as always Kasumi.."

"W-what's that suppose to mean..."

i smile at her pouting face.

"I love that about you Kasumi.."

"W-what are you saying you idiot...." while puffing her cheeks..

we smile bashfully at each other in the living room.

i put around Kasumi , drawing her close...

".....i wish time could stop right now , so we can stay like this forever...."

"Also , i'll keep supporting to you forever, so that you can realize your dream..." he added while hugging her tightly

".......yeah.., i'd like that...thank you."

"I'm so lucky to have you by my side , Mina.."

Kasumi wraps her arms around me..

"Nope , i'm the one who's lucky to have you Kasumi.."

(our time would probably change from now on , but ....if we're together, no matter what happens..i'm sure we'll be fine..)

While believing strongly in our bright future , i embraced Kasumi my beloved girlfriend..