44

I walked with the escort of Gaara. I'd been at Binta's for a few days, until Kpin kicked me out. Binta had apologized, then had Gaara come by, and walk me back to my village. I turned to him, and he seemed more threatening, now that I was a kid again. When we reached a two mile marker for my village, Gaara andi parted ways. As I walked into the woody terrain, I felt eyes on me. I quickly pulled a kunai, and threw it towards the trees to my right. There was a cry, and Naruto fell out of the tree.
"Hey, what are you doing? Why are you watching me?" I tried, then I realized he might not recognize me, now that I was his age. He got up, and went into a fighting stance. Sakura and Sasuke dropped down from the trees, and circled me. Suddenly a shadow loomed from behind me. I turned around, and there was Kakashi. He looked like the same Kakashi, but had a sense of dominance around him.
"You! I need to talk to you!" I snarled. He looked down at me, confused. I grabbed him by the shirt, and made him lean down so we were eye to eye.
"Hey! Back off!" I heard Naruto shout.
"Stay out of this!" I called back. Suddenly Kakashi straightened up, and picked me up by my throat.
"You have some nerve, approaching a junin like that," Kakashi said. I rolled my eyes, and clawed at his large hands.
"Kakashi, put me down!" I whispered/snarled. He looked t me close, and I saw him peek his Sharingan out from under his headband. I saw a spark of recognition in his eye, and he dropped me.
"Recognize me now, Stupid?" I asked, getting up. My voice was lighter, smoother, but non the less, adult-like. Kakashi grabbed me by my arm, and he pulled me away from the others.
"Emari, what happened to you?" He asked.
"I ran into a spirit, and she turned me into a kid again. Now I look like I did when I was twelve," I explained, annoyed.
"What? So, what are you going to do? You've been gone for a few days now, I told everyone you went on a mission. Should we tell the kids?" He asked.
"No, just keep it on the down low, I'll sort it out. In the meantime, we need to think of a cover up story," I said. Naruto walked up and interrupted us.
"Kakashi-Sensei, who is this girl?" He asked. Kakashi looked down at Naruto, then smiled.
"This is my niece," he said. I turned to him, and kept a poker face. On the inside, I wanted to rip his tongue out.
"Yeah, I'm......Nami Hatake," I said, smiling. My hair was bouncy brown curls, and my eyes were a light brown. I was a complete different kid, back when I was one. Naruto looked at me and blushed.
"You're really cute," he said. I rolled my eyes, and looked at Kakashi. His face told me to play along.
"Thanks, your pretty cute too," I replies, smiling. Kakashi looked at me; I could tell he didn't like the flirting.
"So, you're Kakashi-Sensei's niece?" I turned around, and there was Sasuke.
"Yeah, got a problem with it?" I asked. He smirked, and Sakura approached me.
"Hi Nami, I'm Sakura! Kakashi-Sensei is our teacher, we were just out training. What brings you to the Leaf Village?" She asked.
"Oh, I'll be staying with Uncle-Baka for a a bit, while my parents are out on a mission," I explained.
"Oh....okay," Sakura said, when I called Kakashi my Uncle Idiot.
"Yeah, I'm.......foreign," I said. Kakashi put an arm around me, and Sakura.
"You two can be the best of friends. Nami, did you remember you'll be staying t my house?" Kakashi asked. I felt my face turn red.
"O-of course, Uncle-Baka!" I said. Staying at Kakashi's? Well, this is getting out of hand.......I thought. After the introductions, we all headed back to the village. In the end, I ended up at Kakashi's house.