Chapter 3

Zac Evren POV

Zac, we found someone.
My beta, Kayden mind linked me.

A dead rogue? Can you handle it yourself?
I replied. I was busy doing my Alpha work in the office right now.

Lately, there have been a lot of dead rogues that have come across our territory. It really tires me although I'm the Alpha. I did not know who was the mastermind behind these and yesterday; we found another dead rogue nearby the border.

It was the fifth time this week. It was getting worse. I am worried about pack safety. Yesterday as I checked the dead body on the border of the pack, I smelled the most mouthwatering scent I have ever smelled.

Something I have been craving for a long time. I did not know what was it. I have never experienced that.

These things really messed up my mind.
I can not even eat properly and get a rest.

Not a rogue though. You should come because I don't know if I can handle this.
Kayden mind linked me again.

All right.
I let a long sigh.

I shifted into my wolf form and ran towards Kayden scent. I recognized some scent. Three of them were my warrior, one of them was my beta and one soothing but powerful scent.

Hm, what now?
I thought to myself. After a few minutes, I saw my beta standing in front of someone. All my warriors were up in the air with vines hanging them from their paws.

What the

I growled loudly. I made my way to see who was doing this to my warriors. None of them all can easily win against my warrior. They were my best warrior. I looked at the person in front of me. She is a beautiful lady.

Suddenly, my wolf started to feel anxious.

She's more than you can ever imagine.
My wolf continued.

She's a goddess.
What? I did not expect this.

That was why I can't handle this.
Kayden mind linked me. All the wolves except me were howling. She whispered something and all my warriors up there went silent.

She is powerful
She was avoiding making eye contact with me. Or so I thought. After a while, I did not sense her scent anymore. She was hiding it. Another powerful move. Usually, werewolves can not easily hide their scent.

So that was the proof. She really is a hybrid. It rarely exists these days. I shifted and wear my sweatpants. I was so stunned by her beauty; She has a very odd color of her hair, which is white but it suits her very well.

Her hair stopped mid waist. Her eyes, I can get lost in it. It is silver. I noticed that there was a print or a tattoo at the back of her left hand that went along her forefinger.

I reduce the distance between us and look at her. She locked her gaze down. I lifted her chin and with that our eyes met.

Mate!
My wolf screamed. My hands can feel all the tingles that send shiver to her body. Finally, I met her and again; I have never expected this.

Her eyes went wide. She did not know what to do. I quickly gave her a reassuring smile. She seemed calm down a little and she gave me her greatest smile.

Beautiful.

"When I saw you I fell in love and you smiled because you knew."
I whispered to her ear. She blushed a little. God, she is killing me.

" lirim,"
She whispered and all my warriors fall to the ground in seconds. Kayden realized what happened and retreated himself along with the warrior.

How do I get so lucky? I have been waiting for her long enough. Sometimes, it drove me insane. Now that I have found her, I swore to myself I will protect her even though she can literally protect herself.

" What's your name?"
She finally spoke. Her voice rang through my ears it feels like it can compel me and makes everything disappear.

" Zac Evren."
I stated while caressing her cheeks. She shut her eyes, enjoying my touch. The urge to kiss her was stronger, but I controlled myself.

" What's yours?"
I asked.

" Kiara Vander,"
Beautiful.

" What are you doing here in the woods alone, early in the morning?"
I asked worried.

I want nothing bad happen to her. She is my mate. I should protect her. She lowered her eyes and her face looked stern. I guess she did not want to talk about it so I shrugged it off.

" You can tell me later, Kiara. For now, let's go inside my house."
I held her hands intertwining our fingers together and went into the house. She gripped my hands tightly and smiled. We came into our bedroom and she looked around amazed.

I chuckled a little. She walked around the room, observing everything that came across her eyes. I watched over her while smiling. Finally, she sat on the edge of the bed and turned to look at me. She smiled shyly. I walked towards her slowly and sat next to her.

" You should clean up."
I said to her.

" Is that a way of you saying that I smell?"
She asked me. I chuckled.

" No , I want you to relax your muscle by taking a hot bath. After that we can talk okay?"
I said and kissed her forehead. She seemed surprised by my action and blushed fiercely. I chuckled again.

" I will put the clothes for you on the vanity."
I stated and with that I left the room. I grinned. Never have I thought I would have met my mate. My beautiful mate. I walked down the stairs to the living room to find my little brother, Riley.

" Why are you smiling?"
He asked me. He was 8 years old but acted like a grown up man sometimes.

"Nothing. What are you doing?"
I asked.

"Nothing. What are you doing?"
He asked me back. This kid just like my father.

" You know, I found my Luna today."

----------------

lirim: release

Love, Elle