Chapter 33

It has been approximately a week since we discovered the letter from Asher, and it is hell. Zac has been ordering all the warriors to train more than usual and honestly it was exhausting. I rarely see any of the kids playing around in the pack house or near the forest.

We have informed all the pack members about the situation and they have become anxious; not leaving the house. All I can say is that the pack looked gloomy and I hate it.

Zac has been burying himself in his office more than being here with me in searching for any clue or trace of Asher. Xavier and Zac have decided to let Riley stay over at Aila's pack until we solve this matter for the sake of his safety.

On the other hand, Aila has been staying here more than she should. She is the Alpha of her pack. Instead of being there in her pack, she stays here.  My baby bump is slightly visible now, making Zac restless and more protective of me and the baby day by day.

It's half past 10 in the morning and here I am in the reading room, reading some books, sulking on my own, because Zac wouldn't let me stress myself with all the problems we are having right now plus Aila is not here. She went back to her pack to help his father handle some matters.

This book is interesting.

According to this book that I am currently reading:

A vampire is a creature from folklore that subsists by feeding on the vital essence (in the form of blood) of the living. In European folklore, vampires are undead creatures that often visited loved ones and caused mischief or deaths in the neighborhoods they inhabited while they were alive. They wore shrouds and were often described as bloated and of a ruddy or dark countenance, markedly different from today's gaunt, pale vampire which dates from the early 19th century.

" Hey, girl."

Aila's sudden voice startled me, I almost drop my books.

" What are you doing here? I thought you have gone back to your pack to handle some matters?"

I asked her.

" Some matters, meaning my mom sulking and my dad didn't know what to do because he is too anxious."

Aila quoted some matters with her slender fingers. I die laughing.

" Oh, and I bring 3 of my best warriors here to help Zac."

Aila added as I nod slowly to her words.

" I'll introduced them to you later."

" Okay now let's go eat."

I cut her off.

" Didn't you eat already?"

Aila quickly asked me getting all confused.

" The baby's hungry not me."

I replied while walking out of the reading room. Shortly after, Aila ran after me laughing.

******

Later that evening, Aila and I went to the training backyard near the pack house. All the warriors there were busy training and fighting off each other. I strolled, looking amazed by each of their strengths. Kayden has been guiding and examining all the warrior's battle skills as Zac watch from behind, eyeing every move his warriors make.

When Zac saw me, he quickly came over and gave me a soft kiss on my forehead. I smiled, liking the affection he's giving me. Aila waved her hand over the three tall man standing under the tree. When they noticed Aila, they walk over our way.

" This is Jack, Mike and William."

Aila introduced them to me.

" And this is Kiara."

She added.

" Nice to meet you, Jack, Mike, and William."

I greeted and proceed to shake hand with all of them. Aila then go on with telling me how great her three warriors are, wanting to make Kayden jealous. From far, Kayden glare at her icily while supervising all the warriors as he is in duty; cannot do anything.

I snickered.

Jack, Mike, and William excused themselves out to continue their training. It's almost night when they ended their coaching and we all excused ourself to our room to rest after dinner. Zac and I walked together in a slow pace towards our room that it feels like an eternity to reach there.

When we arrived, Zac instantly went for a shower as I rested on the couch next to the window. The full moon shines brightly tonight, illuminating the forest. After a half an hour later, Zac finished his shower, and it's my turn. I take a long and hot shower to loosen up all the muscles that have been weighing me down these past weeks.

After I finished my shower, I wore Zac's massive t-shirt with a short and get ready for bed. When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw Zac lying on the bed almost asleep. I switched off the lamp and jogged towards him. I slowly climbed onto the bed and lay next to him, trying to fall asleep.

" Good night, baby."

Zac speaks to me. He turns his body to the left and pulls me into a hug.

" Good night, Zac."

I replied shortly and snuggled into his warm hug deeper.

********

A loud, sharp knocking on the door woke us up. Zac quickly got off the bed and went for the door. I followed him and whispered to his ear.

" Don't just open the door. What if it's a bad guy?"

I restrain Zac from opening the door. Zac stopped his hand and waited a bit, contemplating to open the door. I hid myself behind him feared for my safety.

" It's Jack."

A sudden voice speak from behind the door. Wasting no time, Zac quickly opened the door, revealing Jack standing, gasping for air as if he have just finished a marathon.

" I detected a large presence of rouge near the border."

Jack immediately speaks to Zac with a horrid face.

Enemies

Zac mind linked all the pack members, and we went into a war mode. Jack, Zac and I ran downstairs to the front yard and saw Aila and Kayden rushing out of the main door behind us. Zac instructed Aila and I to bring all the woman and kids to the safe-house while the rest preparing to battle.

After a long hour of gathering all the woman and kids in the safe-house, we ran back towards Zac and the rest to partake in this cold war.

Kill them if you have to and don't die

Zac final order to all the warriors.

We all stand on guard near the border of the pack waiting for the enemies. The only sound that can be heard is our own breath. Short after, silhouettes of wolves emerge from the forest with one man walking, leading the figures.

Asher

Asher stopped his pack not far from us and stretched out his hand to me.

" Kiara, come."

------------------

The end is near.

Love, Elle