Chapter 10

In the sickness, you have faith.

----------------

Zac Evren POV

"Maria?"
I shocked. I have heard about her before. But it makes little sense. First, the note and now Maria? Really? Help me God. Find her peace. I do not want her to be sad. She nodded. It really was Maria, but that is impossible. She was still sobbing.

" Come on, let's get you to bed. We'll talk about it tomorrow. Is that okay?"
She nodded again. It was late. So I ushered her to sleep. I will talk about it tomorrow.

I laid her on the bed and put the blanket on her. When I was sure that she was asleep, I went downstairs back to my office. I arranged all my paperwork and all my stuff back to their place. I closed the door and went back upstairs.

I changed my clothes, wearing only boxer and went to bed. I slowly climbed the bed. She curled to me and I hugged her. She looked tired. Slowly, I fell asleep with her in my mind.

----------------

I opened my eyes when I felt Kiara kissed my forehead.

" Good morning."
She said while smiling at me.

" Good morning, babe."
I kissed her forehead too.

She then walked to the bathroom to take a bath. I restrained myself from following her into the bathroom. Damn, she is gorgeous. When she stepped out of the bathroom, I smelled her favorite strawberry shampoo lingered around our bedroom that Aila bought for her.

"I take a lot to not take you here right now to the bed and only god knows what happens next."
I said to her while eyeing her up and down.

She chuckled and blushed. I like it when I have that effect on her. Only I can make her feel like that. I smirked. Wasting no time, I take my bath and wear my clothes.

When I finished cleaning up, I saw her. She was sitting on the sofa near the bed while gazing outside through the window. I knew that we had to discuss about what happened, so I slowly sat beside her, pulling her to me so close that I never wanted to let go. If that was possible.

She looked at me and smiled faintly. I knew what was bothering her mind. I took a deep breath and told her everything that was bothering her mind.

" Maria once was a powerful Luna of this pack. She has some power but I can't remember exactly what was it. One day, there was a rogue attack in this pack. They stabbed her mate, which was the Alpha with a silver knife while protecting her. Her mate was badly injured. She cried and cried and cried next to her mate. There's a myth saying that she replaced her life to give it to her mate. When the rest of the pack member knew that their Alpha was alive, she just gone. No one knows what happened to her."
I explained to her without waiting for her to ask me about Maria.

I looked at her, looked at me, and looked at her. Her face held some thought. Scared I thought. I did not know.

" But that was just a myth though. Don't let it bother you okay? Maybe your meeting with Maria was just a sign saying that you are powerful. If anything happened, I will protect you."
I said while giving her my reassuring smile.

" I know Zac but I want nothing bad happen to you. I want you to be alive."
She finally spoke. I already missed her voice.

"Yeah, yeah I'm sure we will get through it. Do not worry. There's a ceremony for you coming up."
I reminded her.

" Oh, my God, I almost forgot!"
She exclaimed.

"Aila has arrive. Go meet her to find your perfect dress so you can surprise me when I look at you."
I said to her while caressing his cheek. She kissed my cheeks. I felt tingles and sparks when she did that. She smiled and started running downstairs to meet Aila.

I need to mind link Kayden to tighten the security around the pack in case anything happens.

Kiara Vander POV

Maybe I should put aside the problem and enjoy while I still can. I should cherish my time before anything bad happens. God, please let me feel happiness around everyone I loved. Give me more time.

"Ailaaaaaa!"
I screamed when I saw her at the living room. She turned to me and waved.

" Oh, my god Kiara, you look stunning as usual."
She said while running toward me and hugged me.

" I am."
I replied shortly. Suddenly, I heard a grumble sound coming out from Aila stomach. She smiled shyly.

" Look like someone's hungry."
I stated while giving her my smirked face. She nodded and pulled me to the kitchen.

Later, we ate breakfast together and started to find my dress in her room. She brought a lot of dresses for me to choose. She had a room here in the house. I did not know that. After trials in our journey, I came to find my dress late that evening.

" This dress looked so extravagance for a ceremony like this Aila. Are you not think of that?"
I spoke to Aila while eyeing the dress up and down.

" Oh, believe me darling, I did. This one suits you the best."
She said while patting both my shoulder. After that, I took off the dress and began to clean up the room. It was a mess.

Typical girl finding the perfect clothes.

Out of nowhere, there was a knock on the door and Kayden walked in the room.

" Zac told me to check on you. He gets worried sick because you didn't go out if this room Kiara."
Kayden told me and his eyes met Aila's.

Mate.

----------------

I hope you can help me by voting and commenting on this chapter. Thank you so much for taking your time reading this book. I'm sorry for the grammatical error xx

Love, Elle