Chapter 26

remind me how it feels like to hear your voice

---------------

"What? Why?"
Aila raised her voice.

" Don't you see what he had done to me? I'm pregnant now Aila. I want nothing happen to my baby."
I said back to her.

She went silent and started to walk towards me slowly. She sat beside and rubbed my back.

" I'm sorry Kiara. I'm shocked."
She said.

" It's fine."
I replied shortly.

"Wait, she's pregnant?"
A voice echoed through the room.

Aila and I turned to see Kayden standing by the door looking surprised.

" Yeah."
Aila replied.

Kayden let out a sighed and walked towards us with a faint smile on face.

" You need to be strong, Luna. I know Zac will be happy when he knows."
He said and patted me shoulder.

" I know."
I replied with a glint of sadness crept to my soul.

"So Luna, I have prepared a room for you. I knew this would happen. I have told the maids to put all your clothes in the room next to the balcony down this corridor."
Kayden explained.

" Thank you Kayden. How's Zac?"
I asked him.

"He's fine. Don't worry about it. Worry about yourself."
Was all he said and left the room after he smiled at me.

I leaned back on the couch and took a deep breath. Aila hugged me and put her head on my shoulder. We were quiet for a while. Taking our time to foresee everything that happened.

" I hope he's okay."
I mumbled.

" He is okay Kiara. Don't think about it too much."
She said calming me down.

" I know but we must help Zac. Fast."
I said worriedly.

" Okay okay but not know. Let's discuss tomorrow. For today, you need to rest okay. You just arrive remember?"
Aila reminded me.

I nodded. I got up from the couch and straightened out my clothes while walking towards the door slowly. I reached the doorknob and left Aila's room.

I literally dragged my feet on the floor. I felt so tired.

Stupid hormones

From afar, I saw a balcony at the end of the corridor. The sunlight lights up the balcony, making it look dreamy. I quicken my steps and saw a room near the balcony.

I opened the door and walked inside. The maids had already arranged everything for me. All the toiletries were on the vanity as all my clothes were perfectly hanging in the wardrobe.

I walked into the bathroom and opened the tap to fill in the water. I need a long shower.

I walked out of the bathroom and went to the dressing table and looked at myself. There were dark circles under my eyes and my skin looked so pale.

Like a vampire

I slowly tied my hair into a high bun. I looked at the mirror to see the bruises at my neck was fading and my hand moved to my stomach.

I will be a mother.

I smiled faintly while caressing my belly. I walked back into the bathroom and stripped down my clothes and put it in the basket on the floor.

I slowly went into the tub and relaxed my body in the water. I closed my eyes and just enjoyed everything at the very moment.

I started to apply shampoo on my rusty hair since there is no shampoo in the woods as long as I can remember. I scrubbed off the dirt on my body and rubbed my skin with care.

Suddenly, I heard something in my room. I looked at the white curtain hanging in the bathroom door and saw a silhouette of a tall man standing very near the curtain.

I did not know why I was not scared. I just looked at the man.

His figure looked familiar.

I got out of the tub and stood firmly beside the bathtub. The man was still standing there. I ambled towards the shadow. I was just an inch from the curtain and maybe two inches from the man opposite me. I recognized this figure.

Zac

"Zac."
I muttered slowly as my hand moved to touch his silhouette.

Surprisingly, he also moves his hand towards my hand and before our hands could touch he suddenly took a few steps back and left me. I stood in the bathroom, froze. I was a hundred percent sure it was Zac. I know the man I love.

I let out a long sighed and went back to continue my shower. I leaned my head on the tab thinking about Zac.

Everything went fast these past weeks. The attack, Ireen, Zac, Maria, and now here I was pregnant at the same time, I need to save Zac.

Fate sure got a lot of stories for me

Ireen words carved in my mind that it strengthens me. After an hour in the shower, I finally dried myself and wore a lazy clothing. It was half past noon, and I was hungry.

Suddenly, a knocked was heard at my door.

" Come in."
I said after waiting for the person behind the door who showed no intention of entering my room without my permission.

A maid came in and brought me a lunch on the tray. I smiled at her genuinely. She smiled back. My stomach grumbled loudly as soon as I saw beef.

"Doctor Jared said you need to come to him for your pregnant check-up a month from now."
She said, and I mumbled a slow thanks as she left the room.

I wasted no time and eating the food. It had been a long time since I last had a food such this.

Yum

That evening, I did nothing except lying on the very comfortable bed while watching the television alone. When the sunset at dusk, I witnessed the best view in my entire life by the window and it was enough for me.

Suddenly, I remembered something.

" I need to see someone tomorrow."

-----------------

I hope you can help me by voting and commenting on this chapter. Thank you so much for taking your time reading this book.

Love, Elle