Chapter 6

Zac

Ethan instantly froze seeing that his alpha, the person who he respects so much had probably watching them having a fight, or worst, watching him starting a fight. 

Zac started to walk towards Ethan as he glanced at me and turned to look at Ethan while clenching his jaw.

"Ethan, weren't you supposed to guard the border this evening?"

Ethan gulped slowly, lowering his gaze to the ground.

" So tell me why that I found you here abandoning your duty and more of that starting a fight with your future luna?"

Zac continue to voice out his thoughts.

"L-Luna?"
Ethan stuttered, and I let out a long sigh as my fingers spontaneously rubbed my forehead. 

"I-I'm sorry Alpha, Luna. I have disrespect you and I didn't mean to hurt yo-"

"Hurt?"
Zac snapped. His eyes slowly turned into the shade of black as he started to walk towards Ethan. Every step he took, Ethan steps back.

" You hurt your Luna?"
He snarled at Ethan.

" Zac, look, I'm fine."
I try to sooth him. Zac did not bother to look at me. He fastens his steps and in seconds he was choking Ethan.

Ethan was now gasping for air. I ran towards Zac trying to pull his arm to release Ethan. His canines began to show within his teeth and a single yellow ring began to form around his pupils.

"Zac, looked at me!"

I closed the distance between us and held his cheeks in my palm. I turned his face roughly so that his eyes met my eyes. Our proximity was close enough, and I whispered something to him.

"Zac, I am fine."
I calmed him down and started to caress his both cheeks. His tensed body seemed to relax now. He loosens his grip and Ethan fell to the ground, gasping for air.

I looked at him worried. Zac was now closing his eyes while taking a deep breath calming himself down. I looked over at Ethan and told him to go before I changed my mind. Aila quickly helped Ethan get up and escorted him away.

They quickly made his way out of my sight. I went on my knees and rubbed Zac's back soothingly. He grabbed my waist and put his nose at the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent to calm his wolf down.

I guess it worked because his eyes slightly turned back to his light brown eyes. I then escorted him back to his bedroom. It was a rough day for me and even for him. All of this happened so fast I could not even breathe. 

First, I met my mate. He is the Alpha of the Nightshade Canines. One of the strongest packs. Then, Aila. Well, she is lovely. And then Ethan, he is, great.

I feel so exhausted. Tomorrow I will meet his parents and I wonder, will it go smoothly or will there be another cliché drama? Will they accept me or reject me? There so many questions linger in my mind. To be honest, I am scared.

Currently, Zac was taking his bath and here I am overthinking about what will happen tomorrow. I need to sleep to have a good rest.

Let me sleep.

Zac Evren POV

After I finished my bath, I noticed that Kiara had fallen asleep on our bed. 

I smiled when I heard her mumbled my name while curling under the blanket. I quickly wear my boxer and carefully lay myself on the bed next to her. She slightly lean towards me, resting her head on my arms.

Her heartbeat was like music to my ears. Her warmth makes my eyes feel heavy and soon after I fell asleep.

----------------

I jolted from my bed when I heard a wolf howling outside the house. Kiara also have been wakened up by the howling.

I quickly went downstairs followed by her. My eyes, ears, and nose rapidly scanned around the area as an act of protectiveness. There is nothing but a scent. I never smelled this scent before. I went outside of the house and looked around to observe any suspicious movement.

This incident instantly alarmed Kayden. Luckily, the rest of the people in the pack were sleeping. It was only the three of us.

" Look, there is something over there."

I said in a small panicky voice while pointing at the edge of the woods. We hesitantly jog over there as the smell of blood getting stronger and stronger. Lying there was a human body. Dead human body to be exact. There was blood covered all over the body and a small note.

Kayden picked up the note and started to read it.

She is not yours.

+A

How did this person know about Kiara? I will never let this person take my mate away from me. Kiara closed her eyes and whispered some words.

" How the hell did this happened Kayden?" I snapped.

" How did this body end up here? Where's the guard?"
I am furious.

" I don't know Zac. I'll figure it out. Stay calm. We got this."
Kayden assured me while taking his leave to investigate this matter.

" She? She as in me?" 

Kiara asked me with a pint of guilt flashed in her eyes.

I glance over to Kiara and slowly rub her head, messing up her beautiful silver hair.

" None of this is anyone's fault. I'll protect you."

I try to comfort her as best as I could.

"I know but if they really want me. Let them come. I am not afraid of them."
She finally spoke but this time with determination.

"I love you."

----------------

What a terrible waste of a life it is, to always take the easy path, to never know what it is to risk everything for what you love

Love, Elle ♡