Chapter 28

That night I sat alone on the bed thinking about all the things that happened. I really miss Zac. I was dying to see him but he was not around to be seen. Sometimes, I felt his presence around me but did not see him anywhere. Food will be sent to my room during breakfast, lunch, teatime and dinner.

I felt like a cruel queen in a castle who did nothing but ordering maids around and get mad for nothing. I let out a sighed.

And that son of yours will be the very best cure for the longing person of yours

Maria's words wandered around in my mind.

My baby, I mean, our baby will save his father? How? I kept thinking my mind flew around in the sky until I heard a small knock on the door. By the smell of the scent, I figured out it was Aila. The door bursted opened and revealing Aila who grinned happily.

She always grinned, and it's creepy sometimes
I chuckled and looked at her.

"Ssup."
She approached me and jumped on the bed makes me bounced a bit.

"Fine. I guess."
I replied shortly. Lately, I felt emotionless. I was so tired of everything. Sometimes I felt like I wanted to give up but truly I could not. Zac needed me and our baby needs him.

" I noticed you were gone early in the morning. I thought you left. I panicked for a little moment. Where have you been?"
She asked me while rolling on the bed.

"I went to see Ireen."
I said and a glint of sadness crept into me. I smiled faintly.

"Oh."
Was all she said. I knew she was sad about Ireen and thinking it was all her fault. All I did was reminding her that none of this were our fault. None of us wished for this to happen.

"Hey Aila, I haven't seen Xavier. Where is he?"
I asked Aila. I knew he was the most painful person in the world from losing his mate. Mated wolf who lost his or her mate will have an unstable emotion. Some of them went crazy and killed themselves while the rest went to seek revenge.

" He's been keeping himself in his office. The maids will send the food just like they sent yours, but for Xavier, they left it in front of the door because it scares them."
Aila spoke slowly and diverted her eyes elsewhere. There were sadness in her voice every time she spoke about Xavier.

" I need to see him."
I replied to her shortly. Aila looked at me surprised. Her eyes went wide.

" Are you kidding me? He does not want to see anyone even me and Zac, Kiara."
Aila told me.

" You'll never know."
Was all I said.

"Hm, I guess."

------------------

That midnight, I wandered around the pack house because I could not sleep. My feet took its steps freely and suddenly I arrived in front of Xavier's office.

Just what I need

I took a deep breath and collecting any courage I could find at that exact moment as I slowly raised my hands to the door. I stopped for a while hesitant whether should I or should not I. I froze for a while and suddenly; the door opened itself making a creak sound.

That was scary

I stood froze, not having any intention of going inside the door. I can see a faint light in the room but still I can not shrug the creepiness away. Suddenly, I felt Zac behind me. My eyes went wide. I turned around as fast as lightning that my hair heaved in the air to see no one was behind me.

I frowned. What was going on in here? I turned to look at the room again and found courage to step inside. Its major decorating amazed me. All the books and files arranged at its place. Not a single mess. The place looks almost like a giant library. I looked around in awe.

"Xavier?"
I called out to him, but my voice was soft. From afar, I saw a table and paperworks on it. I was guessing it was where Xavier used to work. I can not see Xavier anywhere in the room.

I proceeded to the table and sat on the chair that was perfectly placed in front of the dark chocolate table. I leaned myself on the chair while looking around the office.

I guess I need to wait.

I noticed a picture that framed beautifully against me. I took it and looked at the picture. It was the picture of Xavier hugging Ireen and their two sons, Zac and Riley. Zac looked a little young in the picture while Riley was just a baby. They looked happy together.

I smiled faintly at the picture. I wish I had a family just like them. The sound of a person locking the main door surprised me. I turned around and saw Xavier.

" Well well well, look like someone is brave enough to show herself in front of me."
He smirked devilishly.

" What do you mean?"
I asked confused.

"You murderer!"
He launched at me and tackled me down. I fall on my back onto the floor. Xavier was on top of me. He grinned. He took out a silver knife in his pocket.

Where did that come from? Shit.

I quickly punched his chin and he falls backwards. I got up and looked at him terrified. Everything used to be so happy and very loving. Now it was a nightmare.

"shkatërroj,"
I whispered within me and raised my hands toward the silver knife. In a second, the knife turned to ash. Xavier looked at me angrily.

"I know your weakness Kiara."
He said while smirking at me.

What weakness is he talking about?

He muttered something between his mouth and my body suddenly felt electrified. I scream in horror. My eyes flashed with all the memories of Zac and others. Tears streamed down both my cheek. I saw the first moment when I met him. It was the best moment of my life.

My knees weakened, but something was supporting my body that I froze on the spot.

"Kiara,"
I heard a voice of a woman whispered in my ears.

----------------

I hope you can help me by voting and commenting on this chapter. Thank you so much for taking your time reading this book.

Love, Elle