Chapter 20

I woke up to the sound of people arguing. What was going on? I peeked through the door and heard carefully. I hid my scent so they would not discover me.

" She did nothing wrong Zac! You were treating her as if she was the one who killed your mother!"
Aila yelled at Zac. He was quiet. He looked down. I can feel his emotions.

Hatred

Love

His mind were confused. He felt that I was the cause of his mother's death, but he loves me because I am his mate.

I don't blame you Zac.

I really understand him. I quickly opened the door. Aila seemed surprised. Zac looked at me and turned to leave. Aila held his arm, but he got away. Aila looked at me with a sympathetic face. I smiled at her faintly.

" I'm sorry Kiara. This is all my fault. Ireen died while protecting me Kiara."
She hugged me tightly and started to cry.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. No one ever wanted this to happen Aila,"
I hugged her back tightly.

" He needs time. Now don't blame any of this to yourself."
I added. I asked Aila permission to leave. I went back to our bedroom.

Our

A glint of sadness crept through me. I missed him. I went to the mirror and looked at myself. My eyes were puffy, my skin looked so pale. After the terrible nightmares, my body felt different. Felt different in a bad way.

I thought I was sick. I noticed there were a faint bruises on my elbow and back and last night event went through my mind.

I will heal soon enough.

So I took a shower. This time was a long and cold shower. My mind was a messed, and I went daydreaming about all the things in life while sitting lifelessly in the bathtub. My back still ached and my elbow bruised. I wore my clothes and went downstairs to eat.

My stomach grumbled. I really am hungry. When I reached the kitchen, the cooker had already left a set of food for me. She was cleaning the kitchen. I smiled and thanked her for the food.

" You don't have to wait for me. I will clean up the rest. You can go now"

She bowed at me and left. I eat alone on the kitchen counter. Back to the old days, Zac and I will surely have our breakfast together every morning. This makes me sad even more.

I need to take a stroll around the pack house to ease my mind. I needed to calm my wolf down. I went upstairs and changed my outfit.

I went out of the pack house and went straight ahead to the fountain nearby. The water flowed gracefully from the fountain. There were small fishes swam around. It was so calm.

I smiled. It has been a while since I went for a run. Maybe tomorrow I will go for a run. The wind blew my hair gracefully. I closed my eyes and enjoyed nature. I heard a sound of birds chirping.

I missed the feeling of living in the woods. It was so calming. Not a single danger and all of this happened since I came here. My mind was a mess, but I shrugged it away, leaving my mind at ease. I sat on the bench opposite the fountain.

From afar, I saw Zac. He was talking to a guy. He looked serious as usual but his eyes were hollow. Pain did that to some people. Pain makes us a brand new person. The guy was smiling and shaking his hand before he left. Zac looked at me and I quickly diverted my eyes to the opposite direction. Whenever I saw him, I would become weak and cry.

After a while, he left. My eyes were blurry. I restrained myself from crying. I need to be strong and I am very a secretive person. I do not want people to see my weak side. I am the Luna. I must be strong.

What a nice day.

" Having a good day?"
Someone spoke. I turned around and saw Ethan.

No.

"Yes. I really love all these things, you know."
I said while smiling at him.

" Nature especially flowers."
I added.

I was sure Ethan lost his father during the attack. We both lost the people we cared and loved and I have lost two of them.

Ireen & Zac

Although Zac was here, but he felt so different from his old self.

"Hey, are you listening?"
Ethan words snapped me from my trance.

" I'm sorry, what were you talking about?"
I quickly said to him.

" Rough day, huh? I said that we should hang out more. We can be a best friend. You should bring Aila too."

"Sure that was a good idea. I'll tell Aila about it."
I said.

A wave of nausea hit me and I feel sick. I try to get up from the bench but my feet wobble. I closed my eyes, fighting off nausea. Trying, even through the pain, to remember how I could have arrived at this strange, dark place where nothing seemed familiar. Ethan caught me with his hand and sat me down on the bench.

"Hey you okay? You look sick."
Ethan spoke

" I'm good."
I replied shortly.

Maybe it was the food

Out of nowhere, I heard a growled near to us that made me instantly froze. I recognized this scent. Ethan tilted his head to the sound of the growling and gulped slowly.

Oh god.

----------------

Love, Elle