Chapter 24

When a person tells you that you hurt them, you don't get to decide that you didn't

----------------

My hands moved to my stomach. I could not believe what I just heard. She approached me slowly and put her hand against my hand on my stomach.

" It's a boy."
She smiled softly at me. The words still shocked me. I just stared at her blankly, hoping that she would eventually explain everything that made sense.

Am I really pregnant?

How can she tell if I'm pregnant or not?

" Don't be scared, darling. You will be a good mother. In case if you need anything, just know that I will be right here."
She said while placing her palm on my chest where my heart lies.

" And that son of yours will be the very best cure for the longing person of yours."
She added as she walked away into the darkness.

Longing person of yours?
I thought confused. After a while I came to realize.

Zac

I looked at Maria wanting answers of all these things before I can utter any words she disappeared and the woods turned back to normal where you can hear owls hooting and frogs croaking.

I'm pregnant.

I know I should confirm it first, but my heart truly believes that I was pregnant. I stood froze and tried to register what just happened. Out of nowhere, tears rolled down my cheeks when I remembered Zac. A dearest person to me. Now I needed to do something.

How do I save him?

How do I raise my baby?

Oh moon goddess, please help me

I curled myself and leaned against one of the nearest tree I could reach. Sometimes I need to cry just to ease my hurt. You know like when you feel sad and you do not know why even though you were happy just a second ago. You just cry and cry until eventually the pain is gone. That was me right now.

I cried until I fell asleep.

----------------

I jolted from my sleep when I heard a sound. After checking out, it was only a small rabbit. That scared me. I was up early. It was a couple of hours before dawn. I stretched myself and started to walk.

After a second, I stopped. Where was I going? Suddenly, all the flashbacks of what happened yesterday came through my mind.

I'm pregnant.

I was so happy and scared at the same time. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath, but still I need to confirm it.

I can do this. I need to do this.

First thing first, I need to take a shower. I went to the nearby river and cleaned myself. After a while, I was ready to go home.

Home

I smiled faintly. Maybe there was no home for me or maybe they is a home for me.

Fate have it own story
Ireen voice came through mind. Our last conversation before she died. I smiled softly whenever I remember her. Her feature was so mother-like.

I really missed her

I dawdled because I was so scared to see Zac. I was not sure why. I told myself that Zac was not himself right now. He needed me and I needed to be strong for him and our baby.

As I walked longer and longer, I can sense Zac scent. My wolf was anxious as she needs her mate too as I am. My steps were now faster. I reached the main door and stood still. This is my home and finally I am home.

I opened the door quietly and walked straight to his bedroom. I put my ears on the door. I heard him sleeping soundly. I opened the door slowly and walked inside and closing the door, leaving no sound.

I looked at him with a soft smile carved on my pale face. He is beautiful just as usual. The urge to touch his face was strong. I cannot fight it. My small hand drifted closer to his face. He was sleeping soundly. His face looked so calm as if there were no such thing as a danger in this very cruel world.

My fingers slowly caressed his cheek with care. I missed this guy so much that words are not enough to describe it. His soft plum lips were as the same as it used to be. I held his hands in mine intertwining our fingers. I craved those touched from him so much.

His eyes flew opened and me startled. Before I could leave he grabbed my wrist. His gripped was so tight that I hissed in pain.

"Y-You hurt me Zac, please."
I said stuttered with the pain on my wrist.

"What the fuck are you doing? Why are you here?"
He pushed me off. My back ached a little. Thank god it was not a bad injury. I was worried about my baby.

Oh no, it is a bad idea returning home.

I crawled back retreating from him but he moved towards me as fast as lightning and choked me.

"Z-Zac,"
I said softly.

My hand was holding his hand on my throat. I gasped for air. My sight started to blur.

God help me.

Suddenly, he released and quickly hugged me tightly. I caught my breath, and I started to sob as I hugged him back. He is my mate. He will forever be my mate. I love him so much it hurts. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. I gripped his shirt tightly.

I missed him. I missed him.

Only God knows what my heart feels right now. His shirt was soaking from my tears. His hand went to the back of my waist. He hugged me tightly that it made me sobbed even harder.

I'm sorry

----------------

I hope you can help me by voting and commenting on this chapter. Thank you so much for taking your time reading this book.

Love, Elle