Chapter 17

Asher? Hm?

I tried to process all the information I got from Aila. So, elemental does really exist. I cannot even utter any single word. I just stared at Aila blankly while leaning against the comfortable chair.

Why did Zac not tell me anything about this?

I quickly blocked Zac from my mind to prevent him from knowing anything.

" I'm sorry."
I said to her sadly.

It must be hard on her to experience all of this. She never wanted this. Neither of us. If only we could go back in time and change everything that make us sad.

Truly, the pain makes us who we are today. We need to be proud of yourself. Suddenly, she chuckled. I observed her silently waiting for her next words and moves.

She was still gazing to her latte. Eyes held sorrow that I will never understand. I softly touched her hand and gripped it tightly as if it would make the pain go away. I kept quiet. Sometimes, vehicles passing by broke the silent between us as we looked to every of it. She was still silent. My face did not show any expression.

"Zac didn't know about this. Only the Elder know. My father said that eventually it will be the weakness of our pack, so the very best we could do is to keep it as a secret. A rogue killed that."
She finally spoke but still not making eye contact with me.

The Elders, of course. They are the one who knows everything.

" It was sad isn't it? Even the death of my brother we kept it as a secret. We were all too scared to face the truth, but it is the truth. I am the only one left to inherit the pack soon."
She added.

All I wanted to do now was trying to make her feel that everything was okay. The past we experienced strengthens us. It makes us who we are today. What does not kill us strengthens us? I grabbed her hands tightly, and she looked at me confused.

"Things end. People leave. And you know what? Life goes on. Besides, if bad things didn't happen, how would you be able to feel the good ones?"
That was all I said.

" Everybody has a chapter they don't read out loud."
I added while giving her my very best smile.

Aila smiled at me faintly.

" Thank you."

" You're welcome."
I smiled back to her.

Does this Asher have to do anything about the dead body and the note?

My mind wandered about how this Asher can affect our life. Truly, I was scared but I need to be strong no matter what happens. Sometimes, the best thing we can do is just to remain strong.

I changed the tragic topic to the casual obvious things. Hopefully, Aila will be happy as herself again. We were chatting, laughing, and drinking the coffee together. It was fun. It felt good having a day out with your best friend during summer.

They were boys who tried to flirt with us but Aila quickly shrugged them away. They impressed me. She looked very much experienced with this thing. I noticed that there was a mark on her neck. It is a territorial mark showing her mate. I smiled devilishly knowing what it means.

Kayden.

" You know I have noticed that your scent change, so you've done it."
She smirked at me.

" You've done it too."
I replied shortly while avoiding eye contact. She chuckled.

" Took you long enough."
She said to me.

" I'm new to this thing. Shut up Aila."
I replied as my face went red.

She laughed even more. I looked at her and later in I laughed with her too. It was fun hanging out and just talking about the obvious thing. It is in the little things that matter.

Suddenly, came a man with a stern face towards us. His hair was black. Pure black. His eyes were chocolate hazel. Pretty. His jawline, perfection.

" What do you want Nate?"
Aila spoke with her irritating voice.

"Hello Luna, Nothing, just want to hanging out with both of you."
Nate said. I just smiled at him.

"You liar. Something must be up. Zac send you here, right?"
Aila rose her voice and Nate rubbed the back of his neck.

" I knew it. What happened?"
Aila spoke using her authority voice. I looked at both of them confused. I felt an uneasiness in me that made my wolf anxious.

" Nothing happened Aila. Trust me."
Nate told us with a shaky voice.

" Nate, you better tell or else."
I finally spoke. He looked at us with hesitant. Something was bothering his mind. The wind suddenly blew gracefully.

"Something happening now in the pack and I was ordered to protect you Luna"
Nate explained. His face looked terrified. I quickly mind linked Zac to know what was happening.

Zac!

Zac!

He blocked me. Something must be up. Something wrong. Please help him god if he is in trouble. The pain of losing someone is unbearable. I do not want to lose him.

Please be all right .

" Tell me now, Nate and I need details. Now!"
I snapped.

"Something happening."

"What happen Nate?! God dammit! Tell me!"
Does he think I was stupid or what? I heard him before.

I want to know what happened. Just fucking tell me. My beautiful day just turned upside down. It scared meI that if Zac was in trouble.

When Nate was nowhere to tell us the truth, I did one last thing that I needed to do.

"lëshues,"
My silver eyes turned baby blue every time I used my recital powers. Nate froze and began to tell us everything.

"There was an attack happening now in the pack. The people that attack us claimed that they want our Luna. That means you. Luckily, you were hanging out here with Aila. It is chaotic back there. So Alpha mind linked me to stay by your side and protect you from going back to the pack."
He finally explained.

What on earth did I hear?

I ran as fast as I could. Leaving Aila and Nate shouting behind me.

"Even your Alpha can't stop me now"

----------------

I hope you can help me by voting and commenting on this chapter. Thank you so much for taking your time reading this book. I'm sorry for the grammatical error xx

Love, Elle