Chapter 7

Wait, what? What did she just said?

"Pardon?"
That was the first thing I said to her.

Did she really mean it? How do I respond?

"You've heard me the first time."
She spoke. I stared at her as she gazed back at me. My eyes burning with the intensity of a thousand suns.

"Kiara,"
I whispered, her face was only inches from mine and the warmth of her breath lit me up like a candle.

A rush of heat started in my chest and slowly spread throughout my body, reaching every limb. I could feel her eyes watching my every move, from the slight twitch of my lips to the way my shoulders rose and fell as I breathed.

I leaned forward slowly, my hand brushing the hair out of her face and in an instant her lips were on mine. They were rough and smooth; they were perfect. I moved them around in circles and my heart swelled.

Her breathing was deep and loud in my ear. I held her head in place as I took control of the kiss. It was a sweet, genuine kiss. It takes a lot to stop myself from going anymore further. Then I rested my forehead against her's smiling.

" Let's go back inside."
I said.

Kiara Vander POV

First time I have ever kiss a man. One word.

Magical.

We quickly got back to the pack house and took our bath. Respectively.

After I am done showering, I walked into the room and saw Zac sitting on the edge of the bed. I joined him. I rested my head on his shoulder and intertwined our fingers together.

" It hard isn't it?"
I asked him but it was not a question, more like a statement.

" Worth it."
He kissed my hand. I smiled at him and hugged him tighter. The sound of knocking interrupted our moments.

"Alpha, your parents had requested that for you and Luna to meet them at the office after breakfast."
The person said without opening the door. By hearing the voice, I guessed that the owner of the voice is a woman.

" You may go."
Zac replied as the sound of footsteps fading away. Zac sighed. He looked at me with his reassuring smile and every time it sucessfully calmed me a little.

" It hard isn't it?"
Zac asked me.

" Worth it."
I repeated the word that he had used to me and we both burst out a laughter.

We went downstairs and had our breakfast together. The sun is still shy to show it greatness. Every second passes, the sky is getting brighter and brighter. Breakfast was delicious. The cooks did a very good job in preparing the breakfast.

Every second was agonizingly slow. I was so nervous that everything moved in a slow motion to me.

" You'll be okay."
Zac convinced me.

Zac informed me that Aila have returned to her pack. I sighed in relieved knowing that I would never forgive myself if something happened to her.

After breakfast, Zac and I went straight to the office. We were standing in front of a big wooden door. The door was carved with an ancient design. I inhaled a deep breath and held Zac's hand tightly.

He knocked.

" Come in."
I was guessing it is his father. Zac pushed the door, and the door creaked opened. We walked in hands in hands.

From afar, I saw an older man sitting on a chair and a woman beside him. When we went into the office, a tight hugged attacked me. As a dumbfounded I was, I froze. I cannot register what was happening.

"Honey."

Zac's father called out to her.

" Oh, I'm sorry darling but you're so beautiful! The name's Ireen. Zac's very loving mother."
She gave me a reassuring smile, and a smirked at Zac.

"I'm Kiara. Nice to meet you,"
I trailed off. I doubted to say her name.

" Oh, sweety. Just call me Ireen. Don't be shy."

" Nice to meet you, Ireen."
I continued. Yeah, I was sweating.

Like I had just ran a marathon. My heart beats faster than the jungle drum. Her feature was incredible. She has a pitch black hair color and a pair of emerald green eyes. Her eyebrow framed her face beautifully.

"Darling, please don't startled her would you? I'm Xavier. Zac's very loving father."
A smirked at Zac. They suit each other very well. Because they are mates.

I smiled at Xavier. His hair has a few strands of a grayish color just like Ireen. Zac inherited his father's eyes.

" Have a sit."
Xavier instructed me. I sat next to Zac. I need his warmth to make me relax. His hand went around my waist and rubbed my waist gently.

Zac began to tell them about me. They seemed surprised at first. But as the stories went on and on, they looked amazed.

" You will be the perfect Luna, Kiara,"

Xavier blurted.

"Luna Kiara. I like that."
Zac said with a smirked on his face. I blushed.

"As for this morning problem, I assumed that there's someone from our pack that have been helping this person anonymously. I have talked to your Beta, Kayden about this matter. He will begin his plan on investigating this matter quietly as you have known, only the 3 of you were there at the scene. I don't want to make others fret. So for now don't trust people easily, but for you Kiara, I allow you to acquaint with others. Just be cautious. Zac, we need to hold a ceremony to make Kiara an official Luna as fast we could. So for the rest of this case you will have to handle it yourself."

Xavier explained with a stern face. He sure makes a good leader.

Later that noon, Zac and I retreated to our room.

----------------

So far is it good?

Love, Elle