Chapter 27

I wore my white silky dress that stop mid high my thigh after my shower as I carefully walked to the dressing table and sat on the round small beige color chair. I tied my white hair into a lower bun while looking at the mirror.

Applying some pale pink lip gloss onto my moist lips and my dull face looked warm. The sun was still sleeping. A few more minutes and the world will be awake.

I slowly got up from the chair as I straightened out my dress and reached for my black dress robe. The pack house was full with snoring as the sky was still dark. I took a small bouquet of white roses on the bed.

Reaching for the doorknob, I looked behind me as I turned around the knob to see if the room was clean and it was.

I smiled softly and opened the door. My black heels stepped out of the room and I closed the door behind me. I went downstairs quietly not wanting to make any sound that would wake everybody else up. On my way to the front door, I stopped by the kitchen and grabbed an apple as I hurriedly went out of the pack house.

The gentle breeze greeted me gracefully as I walked along the cliff near the woods. I watched the scenery down the cliff with sorrow over flood my mind. There is a waterfall flowed fiercely down the cliff ahead off me. I stopped for a while to admire the mother nature while munching the apple happily.

No words could ever enough to describe my feelings right now. Sorrow and disappointment but feeling grateful and loved. My feet stand firmly on the ground that were full of rocks. After I finished my apple, I continued my journey.

The wind never stopped blowing around me as if they were accompanying me along the way. I arrived at my destination as the sun rose slowly from the east. I took a deep breath and looked sadly at the person I care the most who lay peacefully where she belongs to.

In memory of

Ireen Zay Evren

A Luna, A Mother, A Savior,
Your Dearest Friends Find Solace in The Loss They Have Sustained

1947- 1997

Tears rolled down both my cheeks as I looked at the tombstone in front of me. I kneeled down and put the white roses that I brought on the tombstone.

Hello Ireen

I wiped out the dirt from the tombstone to the ground. The scenery ahead of me light up the place as the sun showed it presence.

Hello mother,

I fake a smile as I never got the chance to call her, mother. My eyes were blurry from the tears. Although she is so far away now but her heart lingers here with me. With all of us. I wiped my tears away as I gazed down the tombstone repeatedly. She was the source of my strength.

Take a good care of Zac would you?
Her voice echoed through my mind. That was the last conversation I had with her. I never thought it would be the last moment I had with her.

Mother, I really miss you.

I was still kneeling and started to sob. I covered me face with my bare hand and cried my heart out. I slipped off my heels and sat comfortably. I do not care about the dirt that got to my dress robe. I lifted my head up and my eyes were blurry with the tears.

Mother, you're going to have a grandson.

Once again, I wiped my tears off my skin. At that moment, I felt like it had lifted burdens off me and I felt so relieved. I diverted my eyes towards the breathtaking scenery and smiled faintly.

Mother, since you left, a lot of things have changed, especially Zac. Your very loving son. I really need you right now but how I wish you were here with me. I couldn't bare it all alone.

I took a deep breath slowly and looked at the tombstone again as it was Ireen in front of me. Sitting there felt like I was sitting with her. I can feel her tenderness around.

Mother, how could I ever hug you again? What can I do to look at your strong features again?

Mother, no matter how many times I call you mother, till this moment I still can't hear your voice answering me.

Even my power can not bring her back to me. I closed my eyes as the wind blew gracefully touching my pale skin. Suddenly, the place became quiet, and I felt a hand touched my shoulder softly from behind. The touch gave me warm feel.

Dear, you will always be my daughter, as I never have one. How I wish to be here with you too, darling. These worlds may be look cruel towards you but truly it teaches you a lot of things.

Her hand moved to my left cheek as she caressed it slowly. I was still closing my eyes. A single tear rolled down my right cheek when I heard her voice. This was my breakdown. It felt like the world has fallen on top of me.

Please remember that I will always be by your side through thick and thin. Take care of my grandson and my son.

Her voice fading away as she losses her touched from me. I slowly opened my eyes, and all I saw was a tombstone. I smiled faintly and I let out a small chuckled as I wiped the tears. I got up from the ground and stood on my bare feet.

I straightened out my clothes and got the dirt of my dress robe. I took a deep breath while shutting my eyes. I held my breath for a few seconds and released it along with all the sadness buried deep in my heart.

I slowly lifted my right foot as I wiped off the dirt from my sole and wore my heel. I did the same move to the other and stand firmly on my heels. I looked at the tombstone one last time and a small smile carved at my face. I turned around and gazed at the dearest person of mine who now sleeps peacefully without worrying about anything as I took small steps leaving her to rest.

----------------

My favorite chapter that I wrote.

Love, Elle