Chapter 11

Aila mumbled.

Mate? Wow
I thought. Kayden's eyes filled with such emotions. They looked into each other's eyes. Their steps slowly got closer. Kayden raised his hands and started to caress Aila's cheek. His height allowed her to tilt her head a bit to see this longing face.

She put her hands against Kayden's on her cheek. I was sure they felt all the tingles and spark they had been craving for. She looked at him in awe like she has been receiving the greatest gift ever.

Suddenly, they hugged each other tightly such there was no tomorrow. Their eyes were closed because the words were not enough to describe all the feelings.

I watched them quietly from the corner of the room. Love is the greatest gift you can ever have. It looked so dreamy and all I wanted to do at those very moment was to see Zac.

I smiled at them although they did not see me smiling. Slowly, I left them to theirself. I opened the door quietly for not breaking the moment of life and shut it back.

So off I went to find Zac.

I arrived at Zac's office. I opened the door not waiting to knock. I peeked myself into the room and smiled. He looked like a mess. I closed the door behind me and started to walk towards him. He noticed me and leaned his back to the chair.

His body looked tensed. I guessed from all the work he got at the time being. I came to him and kissed his cheek. His tensed body now relaxed.

" You look like a mess."
I stated.

" I know."
Was all he said. Hm let me tried another.

" Like a hot mess."
I said with a smirked and now he looked at me in the eye amused. I laughed.

" Let's eat. I'm hungry and you need to take a break from this work. I'm telling you, you don't want to see your face in the mirror."
I said while grabbing his hand.

" But I look like a hot mess."
He said. Not really. He teased me. This guy sure got on my nerves. He laughed and got up from the chair leaving me.

" Hey, Zac?"
I called to him.

"Yeah?"
He turned his body around.

I jogged towards him and hugged him tightly. He seemed surprised a little and hugged me back.

" You okay, babe?"
He asked me while rubbing my back. I took a deep breath inhaling his scent.

"I am now."
I replied shortly and secure my hands around him more. He kissed my forehead. We walked downstairs and went to eat at the kitchen.

My stomach can fill all the food I want on the table. Do not underestimate my power of eating. Zac was eating his favorite food, which was a beefsteak with a broccoli kebabs. Mine was a beefsteak with a broccoli stir-fry.

I can eat all day long and would not bother to do anything else. The cooker did a very good job in making all those foods. The side dishes are roasted green beans with harrisa sauce. All those foods matched with an orange juice sure make a good partner.

While eating, I looked at Zac who was attentively eating.

Very much love in such food, huh?

I let out a chuckled, and he looked at me confused.

" You know, Kayden and Aila turned out to be mates today."
I said while eating my food.

" Really? Why didn't they recognize each other quickly? Finally. It's been too long for him."
He said. That was a side of him I never seen. I looked at him amused.

So he cares for his Beta

" So close yet so far."
I added not looking at him.

" Fate have it own story."
He said nonchalantly.

" Yeah, so do us."
He added and smirked.

" But we can be a hero in our own story."
I said and looked into his eyes.

His eyes held so many secrets I wish to decipher. He closed the distance between us. Our face was merely an inch from each other. I looked at him with love. Before our lips could touch,

"Luna! Luna! Luna!"
Riley said running towards me.

We both flinched and quickly sat on our chair. Zac chuckled. I am shocked at the very moment.

"Luna are you okay? You look very pale."
Riley asked, looking confused.

I froze and quickly Zac kick my leg enough for me to escape my trance. I looked at Riley and fake a smile.

Gosh, what did he say?

It trapped me. I tried to remember what he just said, but all I remember was he calling me Luna.

Got it.

" Call me Kiara."
I said changing the topic.

" Oh, okay Kiara."
He said. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

" Wait, what was I talking about?"
He blurted. Zac and I both laughed.

Thank you God.

----------------

That night I started to see all the preparation for my ceremony were almost ready. It impressed me with all of them. With all the members cooperating in decorating and preparing the ceremony, all I can say that they have done it fast.

There were lights hanging around the pack house. It almost looked like a festival. Seemed fun though. I cannot wait to be introduced to the pack. Well, I was very nervous.

I did prayed that everything went smooth. I slept early so I could fully prepared myself for tomorrow. Zac was nowhere to be seen. I guessed that he was busy doing all the Alpha work in addition to the ceremony.

Tomorrow, I will be the official Luna. I will protect this pack and make this pack a better place not that it was not better.

Keeping it better, yeah.

----------------

I hope you can help me by voting and commenting on this chapter. Thank you so much for taking your time reading this book. I'm sorry for the grammatical error xx

Love, Elle