If That's Not The Option-James Rodriguez

"Honey, I'm home!" The happiness in his tone for being back home with you again only made you cry harder. For one, you didn't want to shatter his happiness and darken his mood, but you also couldn't bare the thought of never hearing it again when you lost him. You stared out of the window looking at the bleak skyline before you, your back turned to him as he entered the room. "Lotte?" he question, already a hint of concern in his voice. You stayed perfectly still, not even knowing where to start, what to tell him. You also couldn't stand for him to see you in this state, but that was inevitable of course. You heard his movements on the floorboards coming closer to you, and then a gentle hand on you shoulder. 

As soon as your eyes met in the reflection of the glass window and he noticed for the first time your tear streaked face, he forced your shoulder round so you were facing him, dropping to his knees as he did and taking your cold, damp cheeks in his hands, wiping away a fresh tear. "Lotte" he said, steadily but firmly, "what's wrong? What's happened?" You stared back at him, his beautiful, deep eyes melting you as they always did. You trembled slightly, not sure you could get the words out for fear of the consequences. "Lotte you can tell me. You know that right? You can tell me anything, but from the state you are in", he said gesturing at your face, still flooded with tears, "I know this must be something really bad - but when I say you can tell me anything, I mean anything." You nodded slowly, taking a deep, shaky breath, you weren't sure if he might take that statement back if he heard what you were about to say, but you had to take that risk, he deserved to know the truth. You locked your eyes on his, determined not to be weak and look away. 

"I - I went to the doctor today... I had an appointment but I didn't tell you because I didn't want to worry you with everything you've got going on", "Lotte you should have told me, it's my job as a boyfriend to worry!" You smiled faintly, he really took his 'boyfriend job' very seriously. "I know, I know, but I also just wanted to keep it from you to stop worrying myself so much and I guess also so I didn't have to acknowledge there was a problem..." James's eyes widened slightly, but somehow he kept his cool. "A problem..?" he questioned. You nodded, fresh tears pooling in your eyes, but you managed to fight them back because you knew this was your only chance to get this out before you crumbled completely. "James... I... The doctor... He told me... I can't have children." The last part of that sentence sent chills down your spine which left you ice cold. Getting that out there made it oh so real and you really weren't ready for it yet - but he needed to know. 

James had frozen in front of you, eyes still fixed on you, hands still on your cheeks, but frozen, sadness filling his eyes. Seeing the pain etched on to his face was too much for you and you decided to just do the hard bit for him - "James, I'm so sorry, but I had to tell you because you deserved to know and not only that you deserve to be with someone who can give you what you want the most, a family, and that person isn't me anymore. I can accept you leaving, because I love you so much, but please just know how sorry I am" you said, covering your mouth with your hand and bursting into tears all over again. You tried to move away from him slightly, to give him space, but to your surprise he tugged you back, wrapping his arms around you and holding you tightly. You buried your head in his shoulder as he stroked your hair and sniffed slightly. "Lotte... I'm not leaving you". You pulled back, eyes wide. "But..." You began, but he put a finger up to silence you. "Yes, I've always wanted a family, and this news is horribly sad, but I should be saying sorry to you, because you had to go through that ordeal alone. But the truth is, there are other ways of obtaining a family, but there's no other way I can get a 'Lotte'" he said, smiling softly. You leant your forehead against his, your noses brushing. "I love you, Lotte, and I'm not leaving you for anything." You took a deep breath, relief flooding your body. "I love you too James" you said softly, "we'll get through this, together" he assured.  

Happy Birthday James Rodriguez!

@xlottlexjx I didn't have a specific plot so I decided that...this could be good.Hope you like it!