Delia~Leon Goretzka

"Why aren't you talking to me? "he asked her as she kept looking at the city slowly falling asleep outside her window, her eyes glistening both from her tears and the full moon that was adorning the night's sky. She always had a special connection with the moon, probably because of her name.

Delia, an epithet of Artemis, the goddess of animals, wilderness, hunting and the moon.

That was one of the first things that ensorcelled Leon. How incredibly well the name fits her. Liberated, wild yet fragile. Eveything Leon could ever ask for. Yet there she was, almost slipping away from him, just in the blink of an eye.

"Delia, please, talk to me. "he repeated, his voice breaking just at the thought of what would have happened if his brother wasn't there. The moment he called Leon and said that Delia decided to talk with him he knew that she was in danger. He promised to make her dream career come true, to make her a fragrance chemist, but Leon sensed that something was off, way off. Making her dreams come true was the last thing he wanted from her. Just the thought of what he wanted to do to her, to his girl made him sick.

Delia turned around and looked at him, trying her best not to let the tears that threatened to be spilled escape her almond-shaped eyes. He gave her a look full of care and affection at first, but she could sense a hint of fear and a somehow distinct disappointment.

"You should have called me. The moment you received his message. From now on, you'll call me no matter what. And when I say no matter what I mean it.".The moment she heard this words come out of Leon's mouth, she felt something building up a fire inside her. He, unwillingly, tried to break her freedom. That was the moment she spoke up, all the emotions that were bottled up inside her finally finding a way out.

"I can't believe you, Leon! What next, you lock me in my room like a misbehaving child-" she began but didn't manage to continue as Leon interrupted her by yelling the four words that were spinning in his head, making him dizzy.

"YOU COULD HAVE DIED!" In the aftermath of the shout, the silence seemed deafening. Leon took a step closer, clutching hold of her shoulders. "You could have died" he said, softer. "If I have to choose a tactic, I'll choose whatever keeps you safe and sound. Can't you see that?" .Delia burried her head in Leon's chest, finally letting her tears fall. Sobs were making her shoulders move up and down in a violent pace. She regretted. She regretted having followed that complete stranger without even asking where he was taking her.

"This is my fault, all of it Leon. I didn't mean to, I didn't-" "It is not your fault, my love. People are cruel, you don't know who to trust. And humanity doesn't deserve a person like you. " he said tenderly as Delia looked up at Leon. "You shouldn't trust me anymore, Leon. Not after what I've done" she kept rambling as Leon kept caressing her hair. He didn't answer. He just held her close, showing her he is there for her no matter what. Because that's Delia. The incarnation of the goddess Artemis.

Artemis, from the origin arte, meaning "great, excellent, holy,"

•~•

I feel so bad that I've practically stopped writing, but here you have an update from me 🍃

Hopefully you like it as much as I do 💕