Ineffable~Manuel Neuer~

[❄️]Ineffable:Too great to be expressed in words[❄️]

You turned your back to the person, lying asleep next to you in bed. The thing was... You couldn't stand the idea of having someone next to you, that wasn't him. You couldn't stand the idea of doing this with someone else. It had only been a couple of nights since you'd broken up and you were so sad and so heartbroken, that you refused to believe the man, whose warmness you could feel directly next to your body, was not your Manuel.

You could still see him everywhere. You shut your eyes and you pictured his smile. You imagined his lips were the ones savouring the skin of your neck a few minutes ago. You saw his smile, lighting up the room, as the two of you became one in body and soul.

These were the thoughts going round in your mind when you drifted off to sleep. In your dream, Manuel was the one sleeping next to you, the one breathing against your bare shoulder. Your hand reached out to touch his, but you couldn't touch it. You tried again and again, time after time, until Manuel started fading away from your side. "Manu?" your dream self asked. "Manu, don't go! I'm really sorry, please, don't leave me again!" you cried, but he didn't stop. He disappeared into thin air.

You abruptly woke up with a sharp breath, sweat dripping down your neck and a couple of stray tears running down your cheeks. You looked at the person next to you, it was still the guy from earlier. 'It was just a dream,' you thought to yourself, your heart beating so fast, it could be heard in the silence of the room. You threw your head back, breathing in and out to calm yourself down, but you felt a terrible weight on you. You shuffled back and forth in bed, but there was no use; there was no way you could possibly sleep now.

Eventually, you just grabbed your phone, quickly finding his number. You wouldn't be able to calm down, until you heard his voice, until you heard that he's okay. You called once, twice, three times, until you lost count. And he wasn't picking up. You left messages in his mailbox, you sent him texts and yet there was no answer.

Your heart almost stopped, when your phone buzzed in your hand and Mats' name came up on the screen. You were filled with relieve, thinking it was Manuel, calling to say his phone had died out and that he was okay. "Manuel?" you almost cried out in excitement, waking up the guy next to you. He seemed annoyed but you didn't care.

"Sam," you heard Mats' familiar voice on the other end of your call and your heart sank back.

"Mats? Is Manuel there with you?" you asked and the worry could now be clearly heard in your voice. "I've been calling him for some time now and he's not picking up."

You heard Mats draw a sharp breath in before speaking up again. "Actually, Sam," he started and paused again for a couple of moments. "Manuel has been in an accident," he said and your head started spinning, practically making you see stars around you.

"Accident...?" you stuttered, trying bring some sense into your uncoherent words. "Where... where are you?" you asked already standing up to dress up.

"Central hospital. 3rd floor. Emergency room," he said and you immediately hang up.

"I'll drive you," the guy said and you would feel guilty for not remembering his name, if your mind hadn't been screaming Manu's name.

The next few minutes until you reached the hospital were pretty much a blur. You remembered tears running down your cheeks on the way there, you vaguely remembered thanking the guy for driving you there, before you exited the car. You quickly made your way to the 3rd floor, easily spotting Mats, Thomas and Manu's family. Everyone was crying and so were you, as you sank into Thomas' steady hug. "I knew something was wrong, I could feel it," you sobbed, as Thomas softly brushed your hair and Mats squeezed your shoulder encouragingly. "What happened?"

"He was drunk," Mats said, looking away from you, as if he was guilty to reveal that piece of information to you. Because you were most likely the reason he was drunk. "The doctors say he's in critical condition. He'll be out of surgery soon, but they said we should prepare ourselves for every possible outcome."

You took a seat next to Manu's mother, squeezing her hand tightly. You stared into the plain white wall across you, the words 'every possible outcome' echoing in your mind. The only thing that broke you out of your trance was the doctor's figure closing in on you, making each and every one of you jump of your seats. "The patient's out of the operation room. He's steady for now, but we'll need to monitor him for 48 hours to make sure he is going to be okay," she said. "He's asleep, but you can go in to see him. Not for too long, though, okay? We don't want to tire him out," she smiled, before taking his family in to see Manuel.

"He's gonna be fine, Sam, you'll see," Thomas told you and you nodded, newly-acquired hope filling every cell in your body.

After Manu's family was back it was your turn to go. Seeing him like that, bruised and scratched, with a big white bandage around his head, made your heart ache. You sat on the armchair next to his bed, your hand instinctively wrapping around his cabled one. "You gave us quite a scare there," you said, tears gathering up in your eyes again. You blinked to let them flow. "Don't you dare scare us like that, ever again, do you hear me? Lesson learnt. I'm never gonna let you go away from my side, ever again. You'll actually get so tired of me that you're gonna be begging for me to leave," you chuckled through your tears, barely keeping your sobs in. "You just... You come back to us and I'll take care of the rest, okay? Everyone is still outside.They can't wait to see you. They love you so much... I love you so much. So much that it physically and mentally pains me to see you like that. So you'll come back. For them. And for me. Okay?"

You squeezed his hand once, letting your palm rest on his, as you threw your head back on the armchair and you drifted off to sleep, listening to the steady beeping of his heart's monitor on the other side of his bed. And you knew everything was gonna be okay...

)StarkHoe thanks for waiting...

•)Oh my god,It has been so long...I was about to write this request,okay?So,I reread it and understood that it was shitty...And I went to my amazing life savor,holy Tumblr and...Voila!

•)I don't why it has been so long...Maybe because I had my proficiency exams and I started Math lessons...

•)Guys,the advices on the author's note were exeptional and my life is running smothly thanks to you!You are definately the best of the best!

•)Happy Birthday to Burak Ozcivit,Louis Tomlinson,Stefanos(Klaous) Athanasiadis and George Alkaios!

•)Any jacksepticeye trash like me around here?

xoxoRoseyxoxo