Chapter 3

The pencil fell from my hand. What was I hearing? Louis wasn't joking. He was serious. Completely and utterly serious. Why hasn't she told me? Why did Louis know. "Why...why didn't she tell me?"

"Because...she didn't want things to get weird between you two. It was about a year and a half ago."

"A year and a half ago?!" That long?

"Yeah."

"So why couldn't she come today?"

"She was going on a date." Oh.

"With who?"

"I don't know really. Some smoking hot babe from the next town over. They dated for awhile last year, then broke up. Now they're back together." Last year? Last year. She could never hang out with me on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays. She claimed she had "extra practice". Was she dating behind my back?

"I can't believe she didn't tell me."

"Be honest, would you tell her you were a lesbian if you were?" The truth was, no. I wouldn't. I'd be scared to ruin everything. Now I understood.

"Well, what is this girl like?"

"She's blonde, and she's got huge breasts. She's smoking hot. She's exactly like Charlie. I met her a couple times last year. They were pretty serious. She's got big brown eyes, and she's a straight A student."

"Damn. They were that serious?"

"Yea. I'm pretty sure you met her at a party once! Her name is Anna?" Anna? Anna. Oh my god. She was the girl all the guys were hitting on. She was always sitting next to Charlie, I just figured they were drunk. They ran upstairs somewhere that night.

"Oh my god. She was the really pretty one?"

"Yea. The one that ran upstairs with Charlie." Upstairs? Oh. "To answer your thoughts, yeah they made out up there."

"Oh. When did she tell you."

"I was trying to hook her up with some guy, and she stopped me. She told me then and there. She started crying, and told me not to hate her. Why would I hate her? Either way it's love right? Her parents were awful about it at first. Mainly her dad, not really her mum. That's why she was always at my house. My mum felt awful for her. They don't know about Anna. They did. I don't think they know now." I can't imagine Charlie's parents ever hating her for that, but I guess they did.

"Wow. This is all so...sudden."

"I'm sorry you had to hear this way." He was right. From Louis? If anything, I would've thought Charlie would tell me first.

"So, when she said last year her and that girl were gonna look for something upstairs, they were really making out." Louis nodded.

"Full on. Tongue and everything. Not that that didn't happen every day. Sounded so fucking hot." I gawked.

"Nows not the time." He laughed.

"Anyways...that's her story. I guess that's why we were so close last year." It really hit me that she wouldn't tell me anything about that. Even though I wouldn't. "She brought Anna here once. I remember she didn't tell me yet that they were dating. I walk in from getting some pizza, and they're sprawled on the couch, making out. She was so embarrassed, both of them for that matter."

"Well...lets work on our project, yeah?" Louis said. I nodded and continued to write. "Do you know some girl named Brianna?" Louis was holding his phone out.

"Yeah. She's a sophomore. Why?"

"She just texted me."

"Oh." He texted something back to her, and set his phone back on the table. He continued writing, and looked back at his phone.