Chapter 17

Louis's POV:

I blinked my eyes rapidly trying to keep myself awake. It was 7 in the morning, and I was out until 1 in the morning searching the neighborhood. It basically consisted of me walking in sweatpants and a sweatshirt, with a flashlight and a baseball bat in hand. As fucking crazy as that sounds, I did it.

I screamed her name, and a couple neighbors walked out. They asked "who's Ally", and once I told them my story, they'd try and give me sympathy. Ally would say something like "they're only trying to be nice". I fucking know Ally. She would constantly talk in my head, like a perfect angel. I would say something idiotic in my head, and her voice would try to be nice.

I didn't get sleep either. I was up all night thinking of her. Of her beautiful face, and her voice, and everything.

I'm pretty sure at 5:00, I cried myself to sleep. Then I woke up at 6:50. And I didn't bother to even freshen up. I didn't even care at this point.

I was going to school.

It was probably a shit idea, but I was hoping I could maybe get my mind off Ally at least for a second. Even in my dreams, she appeared.

I sure as hell didn't want the guidance counselor trying to help me, or adults bugging me about her. Unless they wanted a broken nose, it was definitely not a good idea.

...

I walked into the school, and shoved my hands in my pockets. As I walked down the hallway, everyone moved to the side. They all stared at me, and they whispered to each other.

The hallways all went quiet, and I stared to look at them. I walked up to my locker, and there were tons of people. Girls. They were all whispering once again, and then they scurried away when I slammed my locker.

I went to all my morning classes before lunch, and the classes ran something like "I'm so sorry, Louis. You don't have to do the homework." It was like some on-going pity train. Every where I went.

I couldn't get my mind off of her. I swear, I imagined her right next to me. Always there and laughing with me. I pictured her punching my arm when I'd curse under my breath. Too bad she wasn't here...

I walked into the lunch room, and onto the line. Everyone kept 3 feet away from me, and I stood in line with my fricken tray in hand, no one to even talk to.

"Louis! Honey how are you?" The lunch lady said to me. This time, I wasn't pissed off because she always asked me this question. And I didn't mind.

"Not too well Lucy." She frowned as she placed the bills in her cash register.

"Oh honey. I hope it gets better." I didn't mind that. She didn't pity me. And I felt like a human being for fucking once. Charlie didn't come to school, and I didn't expect her to. People would've been crowding around both of us, and she would've cried more and freak out.

I walked up to an empty side of a table, and I set my tray down. I picked up the sandwich off of my tray, and took a bite out of it.

I saw girls staring at me and whispering. Shit, stop with the whispering. They were at the other end of the table, and I just wanted to eat in peace. I was in no mood for socialization. Great.

A girl slid down next to me, and I rolled my eyes. Not today.

"Louis! I'm so so sorry about Allison."

"Yeah." I turned my head back to my sandwich. These girls were bitches, the biggest sluts in school. If they ask for even one thing from me, I don't think I'll ever talk to another girl again.