Chapter 8

Ally's POV:

A whole week passes by and it was already Friday. Louis and I made no contact at all, yet we would still manage to make eye contact. He would stare at me, and I would end up looking away.

During AP Science, it was the weirdest. We would involuntarily look at each other, and he would pretend to get something from his backpack on the other side. The funny part was, Charlie actually could hang out with us this week. It just turned out Louis and I would both deny it.

The weirdest part was, all I thought about was Louis. I remembered things that had happened that I had never even remembered. Like in 8th grade when Charlie was out sick and Louis and I hung out on the field together. Or in 5th grade when Louis gave me his special eraser that he never let anyone use.

Then I found myself staring at Louis in class. Those dazzling blue eyes had lost their dazzle this week. Instead they looked weak and tired. Every once in a while, his eyes would meet mine and the dazzle would return.

He wore a sweater on Tuesday. It was gray with some zig zags and stripes at the top. He also wore a beanie that day. His hair was slightly messy, and yet it still looked good.

The rest of his days, his hair was curled like I liked it. By the end of the day, it would be gone. He'd run his hands through his hair to often, and the curls would fade to it's usual, long, floppy self.

Louis didn't sit by us at lunch. He sat with Harry. That's when his eyes would meet mine, and they would dazzle for a few seconds. What?

...

I sat in Charlie's car, where we were attending another party. It was 9:00 on a Friday night, and Anna wasn't going to be there. I didn't know about Louis. Charlie lent me a dress, and it was blue and pretty short. She was shorter than me.

The party was at the same place. Apparently, it was a weekly thing. Every Friday, they would host a party. Charlie said that we could leave at 11:00 if I wanted. Honestly, I didn't care. This week was weird enough as it was.

She pulled onto the street, parking the car. I walked out, frustratingly pulling my dress down. It was so annoyingly short, and I just wanted to put on some sweatpants. I was sleeping over at Charlie's after the party, so it would be more comfortable then.

For about 30 minutes, Charlie and I walked around talking to people. It was mostly her talking. I searched for Louis, but he was nowhere to be found. I hadn't seen him at all.

"Want to play a game with some people in another room?" Charlie asked me.

"Not really. You can though. I'll try and find Dana or something." She nodded, with a quick thanks. I walked into another room. Who was I kidding, Dana didn't come to these things. Or at least I had never heard of her coming. I sighed walking to grab a bottle of water.

I walked to the archway inside, but was stopped by that annoying dress. "Damn dress." I huffed. I pulled it down further, but it was just too tight. I lifted my water from where I put it on the floor, turning around to see Niall. He looked so hot.

"Hey Allison."

"Hi." I responded quickly, too quickly.

"You look...very nice tonight." He looked at my dress, and I'm glad I pulled it down.

"So do you." Damn, I hope that didn't sound weird. He nodded, sipping from a soda can.

"So."

"So." This was so awkward. We both laughed, and then stopped. Awkward again.

"Well, if you're not doing anything right now...we can go upstairs and have some fun." He had this large smirk on his face. He eyed me up and down, and I felt really nervous. I knew what he meant.