Chapter 37

Ally's POV:

I was staring up at the ceiling when a loud knock on the door echoed through the room. When I expected it too be Guy and it wasn't, my blood drained from my face. It was Rob. Does he know about the escape? Does he know about John? Oh my god I can't even...please let it be about something different.

"Anything good happen while I was gone?" He asked, smirking.

"Gone?" I had no idea what so ever that he was gone. I just thought...well I don't know really.

"Yes. I had a two day convention. Why the hell am I even asking you?!" He laughed to himself. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know. You're the one who asked, weren't you?"

"You're just asking for it aren't you?"

"That's your excuse for literally every time you wan to use me for your own advantage. So next time why don't you just say that you're going too." I took a huge breath after my words. He stared at me, confused.

"You think you can just talk back to me all of a sudden?"

"Actually yes, yes I do." He was silent. He didn't know how to respond to my statement of truth.

"And why is that?" His voice said softer than usual.

"Because," I took a deep breath, "because there's no use in being scared anymore. I'm way beyond scared. Yes, I'm hurt to a maximum of pain I've never felt before, but I can't just keep hiding my feelings. Even if I did, you would still continue to do what you're doing. There's no point anymore."

He was silent at my words, confused. He just stared at me, but not into my eyes. I had finally told him how I feel, and he's just starting to understand that it really means something. Who am I kidding, he's just going to continue.

"I liked you better when you were scared."

"Obviously you would like me better when I'm scared. I'm an easier target to you. But that's all gone now, no more easy Ally. You're still going to hurt me. That was obvious from the start."

"You think you're so brave, don't you?" He laughed.

"You actually think, that I think I'm brave? No one could be brave in this situation. Brave would be punching you in the face, and running away. Brave would be kicking you where it hurts, or brave would be standing up next to you, and telling you the whole truth."

"You honestly think that I don't know the whole truth?! I know every single thing about you!"

"That's where you're wrong. I have deeper darker secrets that you would never even think would be secrets that I have." He ran his hand over the back of his neck.

"Tell me them."

"You have no right to know what they are. I have the right to remain silent."

"What am I, a police officer?"

"For all I know you could be!" I yelled towards him. His eyes went wide.

"Well I'm not." He slouched his back a bit, as I straightened mine up. I didn't want to admit it, but I was scared out of my mind right now.

I wasn't even thinking before speaking, and my heart was beating extremely fast. I was lucky I am able to control this jittery shaking, otherwise I would've been dead. He looked up at me, and for a second it actually looked like he was the scared one. He didn't even have enough courage to look me straight in the eyes. He just sat there and sort of...stared.

"I-I don't understand." He said softly.

"Don't understand what?"

"How you can actually, stand up too me. And the fact that you aren't even scared."