Chapter 9

Louis's POV:

"Just fucking keep calling," I hissed at Charlie. She must've called 50 times. I didn't care. I needed her to answer. I had no idea where the hell I was going.

"Oh my gosh finally! Where are you?" I hear. I skid to a stop, staring at Charlie. She was silent. "She's by the river!" She quickly said. She placed her phone down, and I stepped on the gas pedal making a U turn. "Jesus! Slow down."

I continued driving. I hoped I was driving to the right river. "Am I even going to the right place?"

"Yeah. I know exactly where she is." After about 5 minutes, I found the parking lot. Parked in a spot was Charlie's car. We both got out, and I waited for Charlie to move. "Follow me." I stayed right next to Charlie while we were walking.

The god damn woods was so big. How do you even know where the hell you're going? Was she even still here? All questions rushed through my head. Charlie stopped, scanning the area around her. Her eyes hit somewhere to the left, and she ran there.

I saw Ally's long hair on a rock by the river. "Ally!" Charlie exclaimed as she reached Ally. Ally turned to Charlie, then me. She turned right back to Charlie. "What happened?"

"It was too loud in there. I needed some fresh air." I knew for a fact that was wrong. It was all my fault. "Sorry for taking your car."

"It's ok." Charlie looked up at me and shrugged. I cupped my hand around her ear.

"Can you please go back to the party? We really need to talk alone."

"No way! She's my friend." She whispered back. I gave her a harsh look, and she walked back to the car. If she listened, she was in big trouble.

I slowly walked up next to Ally. She was sitting right next to me, but was looking the other way. "Hi." I softly said. She didn't answer. I put my hands in my pocket, and sat down next to her. "It's nice here." I broke the silence. She nodded.

"I used to come her when I was 9." She surprised me by replying. "When my mom and dad would fight, I'd come here and watch the leaves change. It always helped."

"I never knew that." I said. She shrugged. She hasn't looked at me. I could only see her long blonde hair, not that that was a problem.

For about 2 minutes it was silence. I really didn't know what to say. Neither did she. "It's all my fault." She coldly said. What? She put her head in her hands not saying anything.

"What do you mean?"

"It's all my fucking fault." She never cursed. She hated that word. Why was she saying that word? God dammit this was serious. She lifted her head up, her eyes all red. Oh. It was about me.

"No it isn't." I sure hopes it was about me, otherwise it might've really been her fault. She looked into my eyes. What the hell was wrong with me? I was turned on by her right now? I'm awful.

"Yes it is Louis." I laughed. What should I say? 'I really like you and shit, I can't help it'. Nice.

"Guess the secret's out huh?" I laughed. She didn't laugh. She just continued looking away. This was weird. I was basically telling her I liked her. "I'm just trying to make it better." I softly said.

"Cause it's my fault Louis. I can't laugh at how awful I am."

"Cause it's your fault I like you?" What the hell did I just say? Shit. She looked a me with those red eyes again, tears on her cheeks. She looked confused. "Probably shouldn't have said that."

"Why?"

"What?"

"Why do you even like me?" She was trying to be as nice as possible I could tell. I sighed.