Chapter 19

Ally's POV:

I guess you could say that these past few days have went by nice, actually. Apparently "boss" wasn't up for anything. Either he had wherever he has to go during the day, or he was still freaked out and confused by my "sore."

Either way, it gave me more time to talk to John.

That was his name, John. I had finally learned it, from talking to him for the past few days.

Yes, I talked to him.

Everyone would probably think I was crazy. Losing it. Honestly, it really wasn't like that. He was different from the other two. He actually talked to me, and helped me get through this.

Louis's voice kept cursing at me in my head. He said things like "Allison, you're an A student! Don't act like an idiot with no brain." "He's an ass like the rest of him!" "He's talking shit!" "Allison! Tell him to fuck off now before I do something about it!"

It felt like he was talking to me on the phone, yelling at me. He always called me Allison when he was trying to get a point across. I missed when he did that.

I miss when he would yell at me. Or make me laugh. Or just look at me. I missed him. His hair, and his eyes. I bet he hasn't slept in days. Just like I haven't.

Yes, I have felt more comfortable these past few days, but that doesn't mean I'm ok with this whole situation. I still cry at night, I still miss home. I still imagine Louis and Charlie right next to me. I would get scared at the thought of having to put on a blindfold and dress again.

Then I'd get up in the morning, and talk with John. He told me all about his children, and his wife. Guy wasn't around either. He was gone too.

...

Right now, I was sitting at the table across from John. I think it's Friday morning, but I don't even know anymore. He was cleaning dishes at the sink, while I piled more food into my mouth.

John set down the dishes, and sat across from me.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Bad, once again."

"Wanna talk about it?" I shrugged. As much as John and I talked, it was mostly him talking. I didn't want to tell him too much information. I did trust him...but a voice in the back of my head said there's still a possibility. "Alright. Let me know if you want too."

"It's just...nothing." I sighed. He gave me a look. I sighed, again. "I just miss someone. A lot." He nodded.

"Me too. But I guess you get used to it." A shiver ran down my spine. I don't want to get used to it. I want to be back home.

"Yeah. I guess." I put more food in my mouth.

"Do you mind if I ask who it is? You don't have to say names. You don't even have to tell me." That's what I liked about John. He was calm, and cool about everything. He didn't care if I didn't tell him. And a lot of the time, I would say no.

"It's...a friend." He nodded.

"Were you guys close?" I shrugged.

"It's complicated..." He laughed.

"I see. So it's a boy then?" I laughed a little myself.

"How'd you know?"

"It's never complicated with girls." We both laughed.

"Well, yeah it's a boy."

"Let me guess, you two dated, and now you want to he friends?"

"No! It's not that."