Chapter 10

Ally's POV:

We ran as fast as we could in the cold. What was it doing here? Oh my god. Louis suddenly dropped me behind this huge rock. It was so huge, you could fit a small house behind it. Well...very small.

We quickly sat down and Louis pulled me into his arms. I was so scared, I was shivering. Not from the cold, from fear. And I didn't care Louis was hugging me. "They aren't going to put one hand on you. Got it? We'll be ok Allison." He whispered in my ear. He hugged me tighter, and I sobbed in his ear. "Shhh. It's ok love." He said love to everyone. Suddenly I heard a rustling of the leaves, and I stopped. He pulled me in closer.

"Where the hell is she?" I heard a man say in the distance.

"I don't know! She was right here!" I shut my eyes. "Check there." I heard them come closer.

"Would she be behind that rock?" My heart beat sped up.

"You idiot! She's not dumb enough to hide there. What was her name again?" Oh my god.

"Allison. And She was with that guy."

"Shit." More rustling, a bit farther away. "They probably drove away. Boss is gonna be pissed." Boss? Oh my god.

"He's calling."

"Answer it!"

"Hello?...We saw her but, she left...I don't know!...we're looking...I'm sorry...go to the field?...sorry sir...we'll get her."

Louis's POV:

"Hello?...We saw her but, she left...I don't know!...we're looking...I'm sorry...go to the field?...sorry sir...we'll get her." Shit. I knew exactly what was happening. Exactly. If they fucking try to put one hand on her...

"We gotta go man. The boss is gonna cut our throats." With that the sound of rustling leaves was heard, and they were yelling.

I held her in my arms until the faint sound of a car pulling out, and driving away was heard. I continued to hold her.

"Louis..." She cried into my shoulder. She held onto me. Her tears dripped on my shoulder. "How did they know my name? I..."

"They sneak into school website records. They find one girl and her picture...and they choose to target her. I sware if he fucking even thinks of touching you, I'm gonna lose it. I'm gonna call the police." She sobbed into my shoulder, shaking.

"Hello, what's your emergency?"

"Hi. Some black van came and they were looking for my friend. I think you know what they wanted."

"How many people?"

"Two guys. But they were bringing her to their boss if they got her. We hid though." My voice was shaky. So shaky.

"Do you know what they looked like?"

"No."

"We've been searching for them forever. They hop from town to town targeting one person. Their 'boss' was put in jail, and escaped. They get the girls for him. He's in remote locations, and so are the two men. We will look sir."

"You'll look? You'll fucking look that's it? They're fucking targeting my friend! You don't think she's scared to death let alone me?!"

"Sir please. We can't do anything else."

"My friend is over there shaking out of fear. She's literally scared to death. You have to fucking do something! Her dad is never home! He works long hours! What the hell do you think we should do about that?"

"Let me send a police officer to your house tomorrow morning. What address?" I gave her my address. "Please understand sir, we've tried our hardest."