Chapter 22

Ally's POV:

I read the label over and over again.

Setreh a eyk durne eth ebd

What does that mean? My first thought was ok, it's a foreign language. All I've ever taken is Spanish. The only other option in school was French. But when I read this over in my head, it didn't sound french.

So then I thought ok it's German. But, my grandma is German and this sounds nothing like the German words that she says.

It could've been Dutch. It sounded Dutch. Maybe Russian. It sounded like either or. I would say them out loud, and they sounded like them. Then I thought...why would it be a language.

I guess in retrospect it could be. But it was written on a label. In neat print, it was written. I definitely knew it meant something. No one just randomly writes a note under an analogue clock. Then I thought...John.

John gave me the clock. Was this a sign? A piece of help for me to get out? Then I realized he told me he couldn't help me get out of here. But why else would there be a label with written letters on it?

Then I thought, it's backwards!

Setreh a eyk durne eth ebd

Transferred to:

Hertes a kye enrud hte dbe

That definitely wasn't it. I threw the clock on the bed. This is honestly useless. It's probably just some stupid thing that was written on the bottom. I just decide that it meant something and I went crazy.

"Setreh a eyk durne eth ebd! How the hell does that mean anything?!" I yelled. I threw my head back into the pillow. If I keep staring at this god damn clock, I'm gonna scream.

This has to mean something.

No, it means absolutely nothing!

Yes it does. Why else would a hand written label be on the bottom of a clock?

"Ugh!" I screamed. I ran my fingers harshly down my cheeks. This was useless anyways. I should've just been focused on why the hell the boss said he talked with Louis! Not on this useless piece of junk.

That's all it was. Just a useless piece of junk! I ran my hand through my hair. It's all just useless.

Louis's POV:

I opened my eyes to a hospital room. What the hell? I looked up, only to see my arm elevated. It was in one of this slings hanging from the ceiling. I looked down at my other arm. It had wires attached to to.

I looked down, only to see that I was laying in a hospital gown. What the fuck?

Why am I in a fucking hospital with my arm all wrapped up? I tried to move my arm out of the sling, but it wouldn't move. It was hard as a rock, and I couldn't even feel it.

I stared up at the ceiling. This is complete shit. Who the hell put me in the hospital? Unless it's a fricken mental institution...no my arms in a cast. I was sitting in a disgusting hospital gown with wires injected into my vains.

Pain started to creep into my knuckles, and spread throughout my whole hand. It got worse, and worse, until it felt as though someone was stabbing my hand.

"Holy shit!" I yelled. The pain got so bad, I bit my lip, and shut my eyes. The pain was getting worse, especially in the knuckles. Finally after about a minute, the pain went away and my hand went numb again. I let out a huge sigh of relief.

"I see you finally woke up." I heard. I jerked my head to the side, and saw a man laying on the bed next to me. Holy shit are you serious?

"Um yeah. I don't exactly know why I'm here though, or why you're talking to me."