Chapter 40

Enjoy the last chapter of the book. :)

Ally's POV:

I looked up at the ceiling. The blank ceiling just sort of seemed appealing today. It took away all my bad thoughts, and made me think about good things- in the beginning. It started with happy memories I had when I was little.

I thought about how I won the school talent show, and the 1st grade spelling bee. I remember my first dance in middle school, and when I got all A's on my report card for the first time. I also remembered meeting Charlie, and how much we got along. Then I remembered meeting Louis. That started the bad thoughts.

I of course ran over the usual thoughts, and how he's looking for me and all that. It was easier today than ever to get my mind to switch subjects. I believed it was because of my breakdown this morning. Just all that anger and sadness built up inside of me.

I sat with John a little bit more after that. Our conversations went something like:

"You have to calm down, Allison. Just take deep breaths. Then you can have a nice time listening to Guy tell you about Louis."

"I don't want to hear about Louis."

"You always want to hear about Louis."

"I don't want to anymore John! I don't want to think about him or hear what he has to say about me."

"You're saying nonsense, Allison! You love Louis."

"I never said I didn't love him. Okay? All I said was I don't want to have to hear about him. It's agonizing."

"No! I'm not going to sit around and listen to you say that you don't want to hear about this. I know you had a breakdown, but now you're just being ridiculous. So whether you like it or not you are going to think about him."

He was right. In the end, I was just going to think about him. It was fine I guess. It was about 1:30, and Rob would be home in about 2 hours because that's when school ends.

I wanted to talk to John, but how could I? Unless he came in I had no way to talk to him. It felt different today.

I can't really explain it, it just feels- different. I haven't even cried since my breakdown. Refreshed!

That's what I feel. I feel refreshed. I'm sure it won't last long, but for now it felt nice. The blank ceiling had no bad visions, only good ones. My thoughts were good, my body felt good, my mind felt good. Everything was good.

I tried not to say okay anymore, the word itself was hideous. Even so, I didn't just feel okay.

I wonder what is going on in the town right now. I wonder what's happening in the classrooms, and what they're learning. Probably the usual. I would've just texted Charlie or Louis during class anyways, and then laugh about classes during lunch.

What has Charlie been doing? She most likely hasn't shown her face because of all this. All I've been hearing about is Louis. I hope he hasn't pushed her too far over the edge.

I linked my fingers together and laid then on top of my stomach. I crossed my legs over one another, and stared up. If only there was a skylight up there. Then I could just look up at the clouds and just fall asleep to them. I felt my eyes start to close.

They didn't open until the next morning.

Louis's POV:

Today was probably the worst day ever. Charlie wasn't in school, and neither was Harry. I had no one to talk to. Harry was sick yesterday, yet he sill made the effort to talk to me.