Chapter 36

Surprise double update!!! Enjoy. It is a shorter chapter :)

Louis's POV:

I followed Paul too his car, and I climbed into the passenger's seat. Paul started up the car really quickly.

"What the hell did he say? What did they want?" My heart was beating so fast. Do they know where she is? Are we going to get her? Did they capture the man?

"I have no idea. All I know is I got a call and they said 'You need to come to the station immediately, we have information for the Allison Smith case. Bring Louis too'. So I have no idea what is happening." I gulped, and looked out the window. God dammit I hope it's good news. "What the hell was up with you and your sister?"

"It was...nothing." I took a deep breath. I was trying to forget this Zayn kid. The last thing I wanted was for Paul too bring him up.

"It obviously was. You were all mad at her, and you were practically yelling."

"I would like to forget it. I just...I need to have a talk with her tonight." Paul rolled his eyes at me.

"Seriously Louis? Knowing you you're probably taking, whatever this even is, and blowing it way out of proportion. What even is it about?"

"She has a boyfriend."

"So?"

"A boyfriend that she, out of all people, should most definitely not be dating."

"What do you mean?"

"He has tattoos all over his arms, and piercings, and he has this so-"

"Wait...how do you know all of this if you didn't talk to her about it and you didn't know until a couple hours ago?" I stayed silent for a minute.

"I looked through his Instagram." Paul shot me an evil look, like I had to Lottie. "Either way, he seems like a bad influence. She is this beautiful blonde young girl, who is incredibly smart! She shouldn't be dating him." Paul shook his head, as he turned the street too where the station is.

"Has it occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, this boy is like you?" I looked over at Paul.

"And how would that be?"

"From how you're describing him, it seems like he looks like you. You don't even know how this boy acts. Maybe you're wrong, and he's a sweet boy who truly and genuinely is in love with your sister." Paul turned into the parking lot of the station, and parked. I followed Paul out of the car.

How does that make sense? They don't look like they should be a couple at all, they look like polar opposites. She's so...gorgeous. And he's so...rough looking. Why would Lottie ever fall in love with someone like that? Paul said...he's like me? That's not possible.

Yes I may look like him I guess, but I'm not like him. Am I? No. For one, I give all my time and effort for Ally. Does he? Probably not. He 's probably just-

Louis. Don't judge him. I didn't judge you on your looks. And look at us, we're completely different from each other; but I love you still because of who you are.

God dammit Ally, why does her voice have to ring through my head? Of course she says the right thing. Of course she changes my opinion on someone because all she sees is the good in people. That's probably why she loves me.

"Alright thank you." Paul said to the guy at the desk. It felt weird because Paul wasn't in his uniform. I followed him down a dark hallway, doors on both sides of the walls. Paul finally stopped at one room, and knocked, then opened it.

As I followed Paul into the room, a man was standing in front of a whiteboard. As Paul closed the door, he turned right around. A marker was in his mouth, and he immediately took it out.

"Paul, finally your here! And you must be Louis," he quickly shook my hand, "I'm Tom. You guys need to come around here quick." He ran to a chair in front of a computer, and sat down. Paul and  quickly followed, and stared at the screen. "So I've been doing some research on these texts. I used the technology from the FBI stuff I have and-"

"Hold the fuck up," I said, "FBI?!" Tom looked confused.

"Didn't Paul tell you?"

"I tried too." Paul mumbled.

"Either way, I used to work for the FBI. I've known Paul forever and he told me this is a real important case, so I've been working on this." My eyes were probably extremely wide. Paul brought someone from the fricken FBI to work on this? "So anyways back too what I was saying. The first 2 or 3 days, nothing was working. The number was completely blocked. I kept trying to get into access with it, but it wasn't working. So yesterday night I remembered that I have all this technology to find out who or where it was coming from! So then I worked all through until today, and I found out this!"

He did some clicking on the computer, until a black screen with letters all in green showed up. It said things like:

T10HGNBR

QWER78NFUS9SFR572

LOCATION: G67KDX93

SPECIFIED LOCATION: 78BGNF7HC9

"What exactly does all this mean?" Paul asked what I was also curious about.

"Well, all these numbers and letters are in what the FBI like to call 'a code'. Basically, this would've all been written out, but in case someone gets into our system, they won't understand what any of this means. This all brings me to this."

He ran over to the whiteboard, where Paul and I followed. Written all over it was small writing, and I couldn't even comprehend what any of it meant. Does this all have a point?

"This code takes forever to figure out. So I had too take hours to figure it out. I wrote it all out on this whiteboard, and...," he looked at Paul, "is he gonna freak out?"

"Probably. I know how to control it though. Just say it, our he'll freak out now." My full attention was on Tom, as I anxiously waited for him to tell me.

"I found out that it was sent from Jeffrey Hills High School at the coordinates of 45 degrees North, and 127 west." I ran my fingers through my hair, and punched the air.

"Louis, calm down this is good." Paul assured me. I punched the desk, as Tom watched in what seemed like horror.

"Fuck! Fuck fuck fuck!!! You're telling me that the text message came from my school? My fricken goddam school? And it was sent to me during school! What kind of fuckery is this?! So, so let me get this straight. A student, one of my fucking classmates, could be the man who trapped her?!" I laughed, and picked up a blank set of papers, throwing them up in the air.

"Not necessarily. It could've been a person visiting the school for their 'child'. It could've been anyone really. But we have the coordinates, so we can find out where exactly in the school it was sent from." I clenched my fists, my nails digging into the palms of my hands. Some fucking student trapped Ally.

I turned on my heel towards the door. "Paul, we have to fucking go now and find out where the hell that text came from. Then tomorrow morning we rush down there and find out who the hell it was so that I can mess up his face with my good fist." I rushed to the door, but Paul stopped me before I could open it.

"We can't just randomly show up to the school after school hours!" I laughed, looking at his face.

"We are going to run down there, and find out where it was coming from. Then I'm going to punch them so hard, that they're going to bleed out to death on that damn school floor. Then I'm going to find Ally and hug her so tightly and never let her go." He sighed.

"Louis, you can't just spontaneously decide to go out and look for this person? How are you even going to get into the school at night?"

"You're a fucking police officer! Don't you have a crow bar or something?! God fucking dammit, let's just go." I turned around opening the door. I can't even begin to think about the fact that it was sent from my school! My own fucking school. It could be anyone, anyone that I talk too. But right now, I just need to find out where it came from. Then I can kill them.

Vote and comment <333