Chapter 39

Louis's POV:

"Don't tell me that you're gonna be the good cop on this one!" I yelled at Paul in the car. Roger was in some sort of trance, and the secretary sat petrified in the back of the car. She was scared of me, and what I had done to Roger. She was probably scared that Paul was doing nothing too punish me.

I, on the other hand, was pissed. This kid, this fucking kid, is most likely the kidnapper. He has Ally, he lies to everyone. He leads a separate life. I still had my fists clenched.

"I can play whatever kind of cop I want too play Louis. I'm going to be in the room with him, not you. So you will have no way to hurt anyone else!"

"I'm sorry! You know I can't control my fists. Or my mind. Or my feelings towards Ally. I've been so good for so long."

"I know you have."

"And yet you're still mad."

"Of course I'm going to be mad at someone who beat someone else up!"

"Paul?" I was confused. Completely confused.

"I'm not just going to let this one slide Louis. Not this time. You beat someone up, you accused him. You could get sent too jail, and I warn you of that all the time."

"I'm sorry."

"No sorry shit, Louis. I'm on your side, remember that. You're a wonderful kid, you just need to calm your temper. Steady yourself. I am so proud of you for staying so calm, but this, what just happened? I need more than a sorry."

"I'm really sorry Paul. It was all bubbled up, and it needed to be let out. I guess now was the time, I couldn't control it." He sighed.

"I know you couldn't." I didn't respond. It felt awkward now, just sitting there. They could hear everything back there.

It was silent the whole way there, and I kept trying to unclench my fists. It wouldn't work, it wasn't possible. My anger was too large to control at this point.

As we entered the parking lot and parked, I got out, still angry. Paul latched Rob around his shoulder. I walked in first, followed by the secretary, then Paul and Roger. Roger was aware of everything now, he just couldn't walk.

I waited for Paul too move. "I'm going to go in the room with Roger. You know where to go, yes?"

"Erm...no?" He sighed, along with an eye roll.

"Ask Miranda, she will guide you. Bring her too." Paul pointed to the secretary, who neither of us learned the name of. Paul walked away with Roger, this time not helping him walk. I looked around. Who the hell is Miranda?

"I think that's her." The secretary said, pointing to a desk. The words 'Miranda Gobald' were written on her desk.

"Erm, thanks." I walked over to Miranda, and she automatically smiled at me.

"How can I help you?"

"Hi. We're here with Paul, he told us to ask you where some room is. It's one of those ones where we don't go in, and we can see in but they can't see out." She nodded.

"Louis, right?"

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"You're one of the favorite cases he's ever worked with, he claims. Let me take you too the room." Wow. Paul said that? It feels like everyone knows me around here, somehow. Miranda started walking, and we both started following her. My fists kept clenching no matter how hard I tried to control it.

She stopped us in front of a room, huge glass on the wall. There was a single table in the room. Paul was sitting on one side, Roger on the other. Roger's hands were in handcuffs- literally exactly like you'd see in the movies.