Chapter 26

Louis's POV:

I sat in the waiting room for the police station. I had been released from the hell of a hospital, and my arm was in a cast. It wasn't in a sling, just a cast. If I were a kid, I would probably have wanted everyone to sign it.

I didn't fall back asleep after the principal left. I was wide awake. Mainly because he woke me, the other small percentage since my hand hurt like hell.

I talked to my mum for awhile. She was waiting outside for me to wake up. She was in some waiting room, and she slept there over night. I had her come in because I felt bad. It was nice talking to her.

She was crying a lot, but I didn't really mind. I told her about my dream of Ally. She told me to not over think it. I didn't really know what was happening, and I can't let a dream get to me. It still pulled at my brain. It still made me feel worse.

Because yes I didn't know what was happening, but wasn't that really the worst part? Not really knowing at all what's happening. How much she's going through, and nothing could be worse than that.

The door opened, and Paul looked at me. His eyes fell to my broken hand, and he sighed. "Come on in." He said. I sat up from my seat and walked into his familiar office, and plopped on the seat. He closed the door, and looked at me. "You gonna tell me what the hell happened?"

"I broke my hand." He laughed.

"Keep going..."

"I got a text message...from the boss...I think? And then I threw it at the wall and smashed a lamp and I hit my hand in the wall so hard it hit a pipe and I broke my hand." I was scared of what Paul would say to yell at me. Here it fucking comes.

"Are you an idiot, Louis!"

"Oh god, here we fucking go." I liked that Paul didn't pity me, he yelled at me like a normal person would. That being said, I still wanted to fight back.

"There were so many things wrong with that sentence and so many unexplained things, Louis! Have you lost your god damn mind?!"

"I lost it a long time ago!" I fired back.

"What was the text?"

"I don't want to say."

"Say it!"

"It fucking said 'Hope you enjoyed Ally's innocence while it lasted'. Ok? You happy now?"

"What was the number?"

"It was blocked."

"You idiot! Why do you have to go and smash the fucking clue that could've helped us find him!"

"I wasn't thinking! I was mad and pissed off because I basically found out the boss was going too basically RAPE HER!" I yelled.

"Ok! You could've saved it! Could've come to me! You don't have to go smashing things!"

"You're fucking kidding me."

"Oh my god you're getting mad at me?" I laughed.

"You honestly think I don't know what you're telling me? You honestly think that I don't constantly think about those things?"

"Louis, right now I don't know what you think."

"I honestly know what you're telling me. And you know what?"

"What." He said, exhaustingly.

"No matter how many times I could smash something or break my hand, she will never just come back. The pain will never just go away. My mind will never stop thinking about her. Nothing could ever mend the pain that has become my reality." He looked at me, and just stared at me.