Chapter 4

It was Friday morning before school, and the week was productive. I went over to Louis's house on Wednesday and Thursday to work on the project. We talked, and laughed. Then, Louis would ruin it with a disgusting comment.

For a minute, I considered Louis a friend. Truth was, Louis was my friend this whole time. I just wouldn't get myself to admit it. I spent too much time with him, and even had a "sleepover" with him and Charlie once. We knew each other for 8 years, and we always talked. We were friends...right?

Charlie could never hang out. Each time she said no, it burned me because I knew exactly why. I knew what she was hiding from me. Half my mind said to tell her I knew, and the other half said no. She'll tell you when she's ready.

Louis told me to be patient. He said its hard for her. It took her awhile to even come out to her parents. Louis said he hung out with Anna and Charlie on Tuesday. Well...just stood there awkwardly.

He told me that they all talked up in his room, until Anna and Charlie made out, so Louis left them alone. That burned me even more. It showed me how serious it really was, and she was still hiding it.

Louis had sex with that girl. I scolded him, but he said it meant nothing. She just ended up telling every guy in the grade she did it with Louis. She has a boyfriend now. It seemed wrong, but Louis assured me it was ok.

On Wednesday night I had to watch Daisy and Phoebe while Louis had an extra soccer practice. He needed someone quick to watch them for an hour, so I did that. They call me Al, which I'm fine with.

They say that I'm pretty and nice. I'm also fine with that. They say Louis mentions my name a lot, so he must be a friend. They're right...he has always been a friend. Just in a weird sort of way.

Now was time for lunch, and I met up with Charlie and Louis at the table. I sat next to Charlie, and we both sat across from Louis. I looked over, a mark on Charlie. It was pretty obvious. She was trying to hide it with her hair, but I could tell. I could see that Louis did too.

"Wanna hang tonight?" Louis asked Charlie and I after an in depth conversation about how food is made, and how air was made.

"Sure." I was quick to respond.

"Oh...I'm busy." Charlie picked at the mashed potatoes on her lunch tray.

"Where are you going?" I asked her. Louis gave me the sign not to, but I continued.

"With a friend." I nodded my head. "I wanna show you this picture I found of Louis from 3rd grade. It's in my photos section." Charlie handed me her phone, and I entered her pass code. Her home page didn't pop up. It was her text messages...with Anna.

"Charlie, who's Anna? This was open on your phone." Both Charlie's and Louis's eyes went wide at what I had just done.

"My friend." She stuttered. I read some of the messages. Their conversation was:

"Hey babe."

"Hey <3"

"My parents aren't home, wanna come over?"

"Sure."

"We can have some fun."

3 hours later

"That was amazing babe."

"You're so hot."

"Ready for tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Love you."

"Love ya too babe."

Damn. Louis looked horrified, and Charlie was in denial. "We were just messing." Charlie slipped over her words.