Case File 3: The Savannahians

Hey there. So here's Case File 3, and as a special treat, a song at the very end. I hope you enjoy it.....

>>>>>>>>>>>Sapphire's POV>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Whew, I'm finally done." I sighed in relief. Since I didn't have any assignments, I volunteered to sort out the reports for Chief Bogo while he was at a meeting. I put the last pile right next to the other 10 piles on his desk.

[At times like these, I wonder why I always push myself to do more work.]

As I walked down the hallway, I saw my partner.

"Martin," I called out. Martin looked at me with a smile.

"Hey," he waved, "how's it going?"

"Good. I just finished the reports."

"Already? You sure are quick..."

"Anyway, is chief done with his meeting?"

"Not yet. He told me if I ever saw you, he wanted me to give you a message."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, he says that he needs you to receive a package from the delivery store. Its in Sahara Square though...do you have time?"

"That's all I have right now--so yeah. Tell him when he gets out, okay?"

"Sure thing. Oh and don't forget about the concert tonight."

[Every year the police force has a concert in front of the station to fundraise for charity. Officers, as well as the public, can watch other officers perform on stage.]

"Oh right...don't worry. I'll see you in a bit." 

[Knowing how crowded it gets in the day, I took the bus. The worst part of this was doing a cycle; sitting down, then standing up, and then walking around the same spot. Kind of reminds me of my report duties. I saw the bus pull up, and luckily it was empty; peace and quiet for once. I went to the very back, and pulled out my sketchbook to keep me occupied. Minutes went by, and the bus stopped once again, for a mammal to come in. 

"Hey Bob. How's it going?"

"Ah, Kayne...yeah, I'm doing just fine. You on your way to Sahara Square?"

"Yup. We got a rehearsal to do before the festival."

"Well don't worry, I'll take you there on time." 

[I was too busy drawing to see who it was. It was only when that stranger called out to me.]

"Hey..."

[I looked up to see a male African leopard.] 

"Hi," I greeted politely.

"So you're miss Lovell....I heard a lot about you."

"Um, yes...I hear that almost everyday."

"Ahaha, sorry...I'm Kayne."

"Nice to meet you, Kayne." I shook his paw. Kayne sat on the wide seat next to me. I noticed he had a guitar case.

"Do you play?" 

"Yes. I'm on my way to Sahara Square for a rehearsal."

"Oh, I see," I then looked at his paws, "Are you by any chance an acoustic guitar player?"

"Uh, yeah....did you just get that from looking at my paws?" 

"I can tell by your fingers that you play a long period of time."