Case File 7: Tune-Deaf

Hey there again! I hope you like my stories so far. I'm doing the best I can. So here's the next episode.....

It was around 8:30 in the morning, and a donut shop nearby had little few customers, which was good for the early birds

It was around 8:30 in the morning, and a donut shop nearby had little few customers, which was good for the early birds. Four tigers in particular, were one of the few next in line to get their favorite donuts, waiting patiently.

"I told you coming early would be better," one of them grinned.

"At least we're the only ones left in line."

"Next in line please," a middle-aged hippo with an apron around him looked up at the tigers.

"Hello there. What can I get you?"

"Just a dozen donuts. Can you make half glazed and the other with sprinkles?"

"Sure thing."

"What time do we have to be at the stage?"

"Not until 1 p.m."

DING~

The hippo looked behind them and a smile grew on his face.

"Morning, Martin!" The tigers looked behind them. Martin was standing there, paw-in-paw with Tojirou. Instead of a robe, Tojirou was wearing regular t-shirt and shorts. 

"Officer Saber, himself," a tiger smirked. 

"Raja? Guys?" 

"Hey, Martin!" The tigers greeted Martin with paw-shakes.

"Haven't seen you cats in a while."

"You too. What's going on?"

"Just here to pick up some snacks for the guys." Raja then looked down at the cub.

"Hey lil' guy," he smiled, "who might you be?"

"Tojirou," Martin answered, "he's um...mute. He can't speak."

"Oh, my bad."

"I can't read sign language, but Sapphire does."

"Oh yeah, I heard you became partners with that human. Congrats." 

"Thanks."

"Here, Martin! Got your order ready for ya."

"Thanks Allan." Martin grabbed the box. 

"And here's your order, gents."

"Thank you." They all exited the shop.

"Hey, why don't you guys swing by at the station? I've got reports to do, but you're free to stick around."

"Sure, let's go." 

"Mind if we meet your partner?"

"No, she'd love to meet you guys." Martin put Tojirou on his shoulders as they walked together.