Case File 29: Our Future Part 2

If you're reading this, thanks for your support. Things got off to a rocky start for our heroine. So let's find out on this next case...

>>>>>>>Sapphire's POV>>>>>>>

Help arrived on the scene. Randal and Daniel were looking for clues, while Martin was with me.

"And no injuries?"

"We're okay. Right now, I have to ask Agent Savage some questions. Have Chief Bogo interrogate him." I looked to the wolf in the cruiser, a.k.a., the sniper.

"Randy and Danny will take evidence to forensics...I'll watch the boys."

"Thank you." He was just about to head to the cruiser, when I called him.

"Martin..." He turned around. 

"Yeah?"

"Uh...never mind. Just get back safe."

"I will." Martin drove off, while I turned to Jack. 

"Before we go any further...Agent Jaquoire needs to tell me what he's hiding in his pocket." His eyes widened as I gave a blank face.

"You've been covering your paw over your pocket since we took cover.  I have a right to know, since you're living a secret life you never told me." The jaguar glanced at Jack, who just nodded. 

He took out a flash-drive.

"So...what kind of sensitive information is on that?"

"Something we hope no one will ever know," Jack informed, "but knowing the circumstances, it might be best if you take a look at this back at ZPD." 

"I couldn't agree more." We went inside Jaquoire's car. 

>>>>>>>>>Fast Forward>>>>>>>>>

When we arrived at ZPD, I saw Clawhauser waving to us.

"Hey Sapphire. How's it--"

"Sorry, Ben. No time. Make sure no one enters my office."

"Um...okay." He tilted his head in confusion as I passed his desk.

CLACK...SHOOM~

I locked the door and shut the drapes as Jack uploaded the drive into my laptop.

"Lovell," Jack began, "what I'm about to show you may bring back some....grim memories."

We all looked at the screen. Jack pulled up a file and opened it. Seeing the contents made my body tense up as my breath hitched. 

"...Sapphire," Jaquoire put a comforting paw on my shoulder. I unconcsiously grabbed it. 

"It's been a long time.....Grayson's formula."

"Someone is trying to recreate the serum he developed," Jack informed, "but this time...it has Midnicampum holicithias."

"The night howlers..."

"Theoretically, if this is added to the serum, it might increase a victim's aggressiveness, but still under its control."

"More violent and sustainable than before. Any suspects?"

"Based on Oswald and Forrest's information, they've narrowed it down to two mammals." He pulled up photos of a panda and alpaca.

"Meet Xiao Zi (panda) and Amory Jerold (alpaca), Xiao's accomplice. They've been on our hit list for a long time."