Case File 6: Madness at The Temple Part 2

Here's part 2 of Case File 6! What will Sapphire do to solve this mystery? And by herself? Will there be a twist? Let's find out.....

"You already had some! Let me take the rest!"

"Hey, I like that! You don't need more!"

"Boys! Enough with your--"

SPLAT

"Ah...." the three froze. Shin had accidentally splattered sauce on my left cheek. But I was too focused on solving this mystery. Seconds later, I came back to my senses.

"Sorry," Shin gave me a napkin. Chai snatched the sauce away and told the twins to do fifty backflips as punishment. I glanced over to the younger students. They were eating peacefully, but Tojirou was eating from a distance. Quietly, I walked over to them. 

"Hello there."

"Hello Lovell-san," they children unison. 

"Shh~.... I have to ask you something, but don't let anyone hear you." They nodded silently. 

"Tell me...what is the Ghost of Hanshi?" A wolf cub raised his paw. 

"He wears a red mask... a dark cloak and he makes blue fire from his paws like magic."

"He wants us to leave the temple," another kid spoke, "but we try to fight him off. Master Yin would never leave, so we won't either." 

"But I heard the ghost is after Tojirou... but we don't know why." 

"But we won't let him hurt him. He's not that tough," one kid slammed his fist.  

"Master please!"

I turned to see a male wolf talking to Master Yin. 

"Why don't we just leave? We can always build another temple!" The wolf was trying to reason with Yin.

"Fang, we will not abandon our home. Leaving will only give the enemy the upper-paw." 

"But can you not see what has happened?! The ghost of Hanshi has put a curse on us! We have to leave!"

"Fang.... you were always ill-tempered... but I never thought you would think of such a thing."

"Grr.... its him isn't it? I heard what you said to that little cub. I bet he's responsible for this!"

When I looked closely at him, I noticed some blue substance on his paws. 

"Hmm..." 

"Enough!," the serow yelled, "you will not speak of Hanshi, or Tojirou any longer. Go and come back when you are ready to be reasonable." The wolf made a fist as he stormed out of the room. 

"Who is that?" 

"He's Fang. He can be just as scary as the Hanshi." 

"Miss Lovell," Jin came towards her, "Master Yin wants to speak with you in private." 

[Today's not my day.]

When I entered the dojo once more, I was surprised to find not only the master, but also Tojirou. 

"You wanted to see me?" The serow nodded. That's when Tojirou pulled out a necklace hanging on his neck. It was a green jewel, with a gold boarder that showed the yin and yang symbol.

"This is the Jade Amulet....a valuable jewel, and an heirloom given to Tojirou by his deceased parents. I knew that some mammals would try and take the amulet by force, even if it meant harming the young boy. He has been with me for three years.... but I fear that keeping him locked away from society, will take away the childhood he has been longing to have. And it seems that our intruder knows he holds the amulet."