Case File 18: Cops and Agents Part 1

Hello~ Just wanted to say thanks for all your support and votes. I hope you will like this next one. Believe me, Chief Bogo and Sapphire will get a huge surprise in this one. Let's find out the next adventure....

Friday mornings were much more pleasing than a Monday. It only means another ten hours before the buffalo could call it a day. As of now, the chief was in his office enjoying his coffee while he still can. Somehow he had a feeling things would be different today. He just didn't know what or when it would happen. Then a knock at the door appeared.

"Come in." 

"Chief Bogo?" Judy walked in.

"Yes, what is it Hopps?"

"You might want to come to the lobby," she awkwardly smiled, "I think your youngest son is here." 

"!?" Bogo quickly went down the stairs. There, he saw Marcus sitting on the bench while Sapphire was examining him. 

"Marcus, you shouldn't have come here," Sapphire scolded, "you have a fever... and what happen to your babysitter?"

"She was busy texting," Marcus shakily spoke, "so I snuck out so I could see dad."

"What are you doing here, Marcus?" Bogo appeared in front of them.

"The babysitter wasn't "babysitting" it appears. She didn't even know Marcus left."

'That sitter won't get extra for this,' Bogo thought. Sapphire held onto Marcus's hoof.

"I can take care of him in the infirmary," she suggested.

"Negative Lovell.... Hopps will do that. You still have an assignment to do."

"Yes, sir." Sapphire kneeled down to the young water buffalo.

"Now Marcus, you be good while you're here."

"Okay."

"And if you want some soup or something to drink, you ask Judy right away. Okay?"

"Mhm..."

"Okay then," Sapphire kissed his forehead, "I'll see you later." She left as Marcus waved goodbye.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sapphire's POV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

An hour later, I was on the streets of Tundratown. I was mostly gliding my way around the civilians, using the new feature on my built-in-wheels in my boots. Suddenly, I got a call.

"Lovell here."

[Sapphire.]

"Oh, hi Professor Trunks. Its been a while."

[It has. How do you like the new snow wheel attachments?]

"You've outdone yourself, sir. With these wheels, I can easily glide through the snow without snowshoes. I love it!" 

[I'm glad to hear that. Are you out on a case?]

"Yeah. Martin is out on patrol with Daniel." Just then, I saw a group of mammals unloading a van at an abandoned factory.

"I have to go now, professor. Have a good day."

[Farewell, Sapphire.] 

I went behind the building as she watched the mammals, three polar bears, unload the boxes. One of them opened the box just enough for me to see. There was a load of money stacked in there. That was the hint she was hoping for. I was about to get up, when a male spotted hyena in a casual suit, walk towards the bears.