Case File 15: Operation: 'Spying On Love'

Hi again~ thanks for your support up till now. I hope you like this next case and tell me what you thought about it.

The city was starting to mellow. The streets were almost clear of mammals as some were heading home. It was evening, and the station was starting to shut down for the night. However some were still working overtime, including Sapphire. She was in her office writing information on her latest case. Just then, she heard someone knock on her door.

"Come in."

The door opens to reveal Martin, holding onto some files.

"Hey partner," he waves, "I got the files you need."

"Thanks. You can put it on my desk." 

The tiger did so before he looks at the clock, reading 6 p.m.

"I better get going. Are you sure you're okay working overtime, Sapphire?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll look into this case a bit more, so go home and rest." 

Sapphire went back to typing. 

The case they were investigating involved a theft in Rainforest District that has been going on for a week now. She was determined to solve the case. At that moment, Nick is passing by her office.

"Hey, so where do you want to go tomorrow?" 

Nick's ear twitched towards the door. The fox hides behind a corner as he listens.

"I don't know. Anywhere is fine."

"Okay then, how about Rainforest District?"

"Great. What time are we leaving?" 

"Would six be okay?"

"Six it is. Speaking of which, you should go home. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See ya." 

Nick watches Martin leave her office, a smirk on his face as a thought creeps into his mind.

"Ah-ha~..." 

>>>>>>>NEXT DAY>>>>>>>

"Are you sure?" 

Randal sits next to Nick in the gym, taking a break. 

"Positive."

"Seriously, I can't believe it." 

"You're saying I'm lying?"

"You lie about some things, but this...nah, I'd have to see it myself."

"What are you guys doing?" 

Grizzoli gets in on the conversation. 

"You won't believe this, but Nick thinks he caught Martin and Sapphire making plans for today."

"You mean like a date," the timber wolf questions. 

"Its the truth. Did you really think they wouldn't confess when traveling to Paris that time?"

"Dude, you better not be messing with us." 

"If you don't believe me, then go see how they interact."

"What, like, spy on them?"

"We're cops...we go undercover most of the time. Don't you want to find out if those two are going steady?"

"It did cross my mind..."

"Let's make a deal, guys. I say this is their first official date. So if I win, you two have to do whatever I say for a month."