Case File 19: Jingle Bell Pop Stars

Hi everyone. December is here, and a few weeks away from Christmas. I hope you all are wishing and shopping for gifts this year. Let's spread some joy by starting off with this new adventure. Enjoy~.....

It was a sunny morning in Savanna Central. Most mammals were off to work, drinking their coffee on the go or rushing to catch the bus. However for a certain blue-eyed woman, she couldn't go. Why? Her boss said otherwise. Sapphire Lovell was off duty, and she was bored out of her mind.

Flashback......

'You're giving me a day off?'

'I am.'

'But why chief,' she looked at him confused, 'I thought I was going to do some paper work tomorrow.'

'Officer Hopps is taking care of that. My colleagues told me how you've been working overtime for the past few weeks....and lately you've been dozing off now and again. You're exhausting yourself too much and deserve an overdue break....'

'Are you sure it's okay? I can still do some minor work....'

'I'm sorry Officer Lovell, but this is an order. Go home and when tomorrow comes, just go out or rest....but don't come to work. Alright?'

'....sigh....yes sir....'

End of Flashback

[I was currently sitting on the patio of a coffee shop. I wore a shoulder strap blue blouse, dark gray leggings, ankle boots, and my hair was down. In truth, I thought the streets would be filled with animals, rushing to buy gifts. Yes, today was December, the month until that special day would come. Decorations were already covering every part of Zootopia. Although, there wasn't much snow in Savanna Central, and the warm sun was out. But that was the least on my mind.]

"Who would've thought I would catch you on the streets." I looked at the marten in front of me, as he sipped his drink. 

"And on my break, too," Oliver added. 

"At least you're doing something."

"Then how about this...why don't you help me with my Christmas shopping? I could use a feminine opinion..." 

"Its better than moping around. But if I see you pick up one pen or pencil..."

"Not even one paper note. I promise." He put his paws up.

So we ended up going to a shoe store at the mall, first. They had all sorts, from the size to the most fashionable accessories. I sat down on a stool, and was now trying on some block-heels while Oliver looked through the isle. While looking at myself in the mirror, one of the employees came up to us.

"You look nice in those," she said.

"Thank you."

"Is there anything you need help with?"

"Oh no, I'm good for now."

"Well if you need anything, just call me or anyone of the staff." As she left, I looked again at the shoes.

"Maybe I'll get two of these, and then find gifts for everyone..."

"Hey Lovell, how about these?"

"Those look great."

Just then, we heard a few cheers and squeals from outside. We saw the shop owner in front of two tigers. They opened a path for someone to enter. She was wearing blue jeans, a white shoulder flutter top and dark brown boots.