Case File 27: Fangs Off, Fangs On

Ever been in a blackout? Ever been bitten by mistake? Well, its all here in this next thrilling episode. Enjoy, guys~.....

 Enjoy, guys~

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sapphire's POV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[I've had bad days, but this time it wasn't me. It will soon get worse later on, but let me backtrack. It was 7 p.m., and I was rushing towards Bogo's office.]

BAM!

I closed the door behind me. Chief Bogo, a.k.a. my adoptive dad, did not seem surprised. 

"Chief, tell Clawhauser not to disturb you. Don't let anyone inside."

"Lovell--"

"Father," I sternly spoke, "please....we need to talk."

[Not dad, not pop....when I refer to him as 'father'...he knows I'm being serious.]

The water buffalo pressed the button.

"Clawhauser, don't let anyone in my office. I have an important assignment to attend to."

'Yes sir.' Bogo then unplugged the reception com, for extra measures. He pulled the other chair next to his and gesture his hoof. I slowly made my way and sat down, my hands folded.

"I'm guessing your co-workers told you." 

"He won't call, he won't talk. Its my fault--I was careless."

"You had no idea...."

"I should have," I argued, "I'm very aware of....I should've known 'this type' would be unpredictable. That empty pill bottle in front of his room should have been my first sign." 

I looked down in shame as I recalled that time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Flashback>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Martin? Are you there?" I knocked countless times. I was worried for five days, not knowing why my partner didn't come to work. I called, knocked on his door, but nothing. I then recalled a spare key he hid under the porch. I quickly got it and unlocked the door.

"Martin?" I peeked inside, but he wasn't there.

'He must be upstairs.'

"Martin, I'm coming up." After setting my jacket on the rail, I went upstairs, hearing my footsteps pat the wood. When I arrived, I looked to my right where his room was. I heard rumbling.

'Or is that...growling?'

My eyes scanned the floor, and there I saw it. An empty pill bottle. I picked it up, but it looked like the label was torn. I heard the growling again, making me rush to the door.