Case File 30: Our Future Part 3

Hey guys! Thanks so much for all your support. But I have a surprise for you all at the very end, so I hope you stick around.....

Sapphire's POV....

My tears wouldn't stop falling. My throat felt dry, but I couldn't cry out. I was paralyzed by what just happened. Both my house, and Martin's were on fire; completely destroyed and now in ruins. The flames rose yards away from where I stood, but I couldn't feel a thing. 

RUMBLE...RUMBLE...

Suddenly, I heard thunder. Droplets of rain followed one-by-one.

'How ironic...'

I heard footsteps splashing in the water, and turned to see Hawkeye.

"I called ZPD. They should be here to contain the commotion." I didn't speak, and all but the rain was heard around us. The panther slowly gave a soft expression. 

"....I'm sorry....this should have never happened."

I don't know why, but my tears fell even faster. I hugged Hawkeye, and I'm sure he was surprised by the suddent contact. I felt one paw on my back, and the other behind my head. I just needed comfort to heal my weak-self. 

"Sapphire!" I looked up to see my neighbors running towards us.

"Ms. Snoweather..." She grabbed my hands, holding them tight. 

"Are you okay?! You're not hurt, are you?! No injuries?!"

"I-I'm fine...Wait!" I ran to the others and blocked them. 

"Everyone stay back! Don't get too close!" 

>>>>>>Alexander's POV>>>>>>>

I looked to the chaos, as the once high flames were engulfed by the rain. There was nothing left. Looking back, the whole neighborhood came to see Lovell. Just by their facial expressions, I understood how important she was, earning their trust and kindness for so long. I can see one reason why Colonel Kohle speaks highly of her. She's different, but still a simple mammal like the rest. Just as I was about to help steer the crowd away, my ear flicked to the side. 

Whip!

I looked back to where the houses once stood. 

BANG-BANG!

That's when I heard something to the right. I quickly ran over, and saw the grass jump strangely. Acting on instinct, I pulled it off, revealing a hidden door. I grabbed the handle and pulled with all my might. 

SHACK!

Opening it, I was relieved to see familiar faces. 

"Jaquoire! Temple!" 

"Hey, Hawkeye...cough-cough...what took you so long?"

"You blokes," I smirked at the jaguar. I reached in to grab the leopard-cub, just as the joey was climbing out. 

"Mom~!" I saw Lovell turn, her expression changing to shock and relief.

>>>>>>Sapphire's POV>>>>>>>>

I turned to find Cypress running towards me. Tojirou was in Hawkeye's arms. 

"Cypress!" I hugged him like my life depended on it.