Case File 20: The Christmas Gift Part 1

Hey guys! Just want to give a Merry Christmas! shout out to all of you. I hope you have big plans and spend it with your families and friends. So I'll give you a briefing on this file as a gift from me:

This will be the start of an old secret that Chief Bogo has kept from everyone, especially to Sapphire. What could it be, though? Will anyone else find out? And will this affect the unexpected missing mammal case? This three-part journey is filled with suspense, dramatic surprises, and giving the love that everyone deserves on this time of year.

The decorations and caroling were everywhere. Zootopia was in good spirits, as Christmas Eve was tomorrow. Everyone was doing their christmas shopping, hustling from store to store to buy the best or expensive gift they could grab to give to their friends and families. At the ZPD, some officers were assigned on patrol to make sure nothing went wrong, as the crowds were emerging on the streets. Meanwhile, Chief Bogo was discussing the daily assignments in the bullpen.

"Alright then....now that we got that out of the way, let's discuss our last assignment," the buffalo looked at his clipboard, "as you know, we will hold our annual Christmas Party tomorrow, inviting our friends and families here at the station. Officers Snarlof, Higgins and Wofford have already organized the food situation....Delgato, Fangmeyer, and Grizzoli are halfway done with the decorations along with a decorating committee to help. As for the gift send-outs....Officers Clawhauser, Lovell, Hopps and Wilde will greet the children and give them gifts that ZPD has brought."

"Speaking of which," Martin whispered to Daniel, "where is Sapphire?"

"She's coming here with Clawhauser and the others to show their costumes."

"Costumes?"

"Merry Christmas everyone!" Clawhauser came out from the door near the podium where the chief was. He had a fake white beard, and a full-on Santa outfit. The cheetah was definitely a jolly-happy soul to be role playing Santa Claws. Judy came out along with Nick, who were wearing elf costumes, much to Nick's annoyance. Right on his left, Nick could hear Randal and Fangmeyer snickering, trying not to laugh so loud; even Hunter and Howlsworth were in on it.

"Oh, come on," Judy smiled as she nudged him, "its for the kids. This will be fun."

"I didn't sign up for this," the fox mumbled, "and I'm sure she can agree with me." Nick looked at someone behind the door.

"Lovell, come out," Bogo called her.

"No way," she protested, "I look ridiculous..."

"Lovell, come out right now. That's an order."

"....." The door opened.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sapphire's POV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

[No surprise I made them gawk. I had a female Santa outfit, my hat with a holy on the side, red leggings with black boots with my utility belt and badge on. I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks, mostly because my boyfriend was giving me that look. 

"Why am I dressed like this?" I asked, slightly irritated.

"Aw come on," Clawhauser smiled, "you look cute. Besides, we need more help to pass out the gifts for tomorrow."

"But isn't it too early to dress up? The party doesn't start until tomorrow."

"Its because you'll be giving out complimentary treats to everyone, and their children visiting today. As for the rest of the day, continue with the preparations. If there are any problems, just ask me and we can discuss it later. Dismissed."